ZBoard Nano [Building Stage] | 121c Orbiter | BN184 - M1 GD - BN6384 - Adjustable Baseplates | 12s1p P42A | TB110s |

Are they standard kegel core?

2 Likes

Yep

2 Likes

Don’t have any pictures, but I cut the motor shaft down, green loctited the gear on, and replaced all the external hardware on the BN-M1 with stainless. I would like to keep rust to a minimum, and the next biggest issues are the cup washers on the trucks. I’m not sure if there are any recommended ways I could treat/cost them to keep the salty Pittsburgh roads from corroding them.

1 Like

Riptides washers are stainless

I don’t think the flat washers are even stainless according to what they said in their topic when I asked. The black ones are definitely not.

Oh damn. The riptide small cup washer for the cone bushings is stainless tho.

Rustoleum? Lol. Ifffff you’ve got a local place, could be worth sending in a handful to anodize, which would be pretty sweet.
You could also oil them before and after every ride, like Damascus steel, but let’s be realistic no one is going to do that.

Let 'em rust

1 Like

Oxidized copper coating would be a pretty sweet hardware color.

2 Likes

Had some time this weekend to figure out the shape of the deck and design an enclosure. The deck was not very consistent and was off by 3-4 mm between toe/heel sides. Once I designed the deck I used that shape to cut away at the top of the enclosure for a perfect fit. It turned out great with only a 1-2mm gap max before bolting it down. Another thing I like a lot is the captive Nylock nut holders that are inside the enclosure so I don’t have any fasteners sticking out of the bottom.

Once I got that printed out (PETG, 0.15mm later height, took around 40 hours) I checked that all the components fit and started to sand it.

View from octoprint while I was stuck in class:

ESC side sanded, battery side next.

Once the battery side is sanded I’ll paint them with bed liner and stick em on the deck. I started printing out a drilling jig to get the holes just right through the orbiter.

9 Likes

I think I’m done with the painting process, that bed liner looks so good :sunglasses:

8 Likes

how do u line up the enclosure hole to where you going to drill?

3 Likes

I printed out the bottom ~20mm of the enclosure to use as a drill guide :ok_hand:

12 Likes

Ooooo, that’s smart

5 Likes

Enclosure mounted, pack finished.

11 Likes

holy

8 Likes

I’ve been thinking about doing a mini-rocket build like what you have going here. Your build is very nice. So clean. I love the enclosure. It looks like you could make an extension segment for it and fit it tot all kinds of builds.

2 Likes

It moves!! Still haven’t sealed it up, I’ll probably do that after a cycle or two so I know it’s good. That butyl tape is a pain to get off.

24 Likes

That’s for real cool as hell, it makes me want to build a lil kick tail board.

2 Likes

so dude.
the 12s1p do ok?

1 Like