⚡ Z Battery Solutions LLC - Battery Building Services in the US

Z batteriez look very nize. Eggzellent azzembly work. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to get it! :grin:

1 Like

these joints are fkin amazing i must say

3 Likes

I think we need a thread dedicated to printed battery cell frames CAD download designs and discussion.

my ender 3 always was making prints far too shitty to use for those cell frames, hoping the resin printer works perfect for this!

1 Like

I designed them, and they are so tight that some cells fit perfect and some cells get a little bit of a scrunch in the wrap… they definitely don’t come loose unless you break the holders.

Printhead pathing makes a huge difference. When it went straight through the gaps, I got less stringing than setting it to avoid crossing the gaps… it’s weird.

2 Likes

10s3p P42A in an eboosted vanguard enclosure going on a 121c Aileron.

10 Likes

@JoeyZ5 you are doing some beautiful work mate, but can I offer one constructive criticism?

In my experience, its best to make pieces like this a bit longer. Over such a short length of wire, it’s very easy for the solder to wick far enough into it to make the whole piece pretty much solid.

That said, your batteries are a pleasure to behold. It’s obvious that you love what you do. Keep up the good work dude!

11 Likes

I had some of those short ones go completely stiff so I replaced them. I will definitely make them a bit longer in the future though. Thanks for the feedback!

10 Likes

Looks awesome.:+1:

Curious, because I’m going to build into an Evo Spectrum…

Charge port is in the front? Could you possibly provide some info on that? :pray:

2 Likes

The customer already had a charge port installed in the front of the enclosure. Putting the small Daly at the front on the angled part gives you more space in the back for the ESC.

1 Like

Finally got my battery installed in my board yesterday BTW. It’s working great. :metal:

2 Likes

Excellent. Good to know. I will try laying it out that way, thank you! I always appreciate your information sharing. :pray:

2 Likes

Mind you it won’t be a lot of space, it’s a tight AF fit, but it works. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Take any pics of the insides?

In hindsight, probably should have but didn’t.

1 Like

Open her back up and get some photos for the Gram, yo. :sunglasses::iphone:

3 Likes

I would, but the enclosure is sealed with silicone and I rather not have to cut it all off and reapply after. :joy:

I’ll take pictures when I get the Freesk8 Dong and install the receiver.

3 Likes

Just curious what are you using to be able to have a push button or does the esc have built in antispark? Not sure what that visible pcb is in post #13 with the through hole xt90s maybe an antispark in there? Thanks and beautiful work brew!

1 Like

I can see a balance port and maybe a UART comm port which tells the esc its connected to a future motion battery (vendor locking bs)

1 Like

The post you replied to is a Funwheel battery, and those ESC’s (Cheap FOCer) have a power button that turns off the control electronics to save power.

For post 13, that is a Onewheel BMS which has discharge mosfets for on/off. Notice the backwards wired XT60…

1 Like