YTP Apex Super Predator

Love my Mountain Bro, but been eyeing those Apex Airs and the Chain Gang Jump Drives… And tired of charging lights… So here we fucking go!

Deck - Apex Predator
Trucks - Apex Airs
Motors - Apex 6384 140kv
Drive - Apex Chain Drive
Wheels - 8" & 9"
Battery - 18s lipos graphene 12-24Ah
ESC - Stormcore 100D
ESC Enclosure - Apex (w/3D printed translucent riser)
Battery Enclosure - Apache 2800
Cheap smart bms
Controls - hoytskate puck
Telemetry - DRI robogatchi
Lights - 6" light bar, red tail, purple ESC, purple underglow
ACC power - 40-90v to 12v converter (10a 120w)

The build was like:
I want these things airs & that chain drive
Order stuff
Drill, screw, glue
Think about life choices
Realize how thicc these chains :chains: are :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Cut wires
Solder stuff
Check some volts
Do the programmy thingy
Ride

25h chain vs ISO 06B thicccccc

21 Likes

This is sick. Nice work man. How does the apex chain drive sound compared to your last chain drive? Still got that jet engine scream?

3 Likes

Thank you! I would say it’s still loud, but maybe an octive deeper. Maybe slightly a tiny bit quieter, but still nice loud sound

4 Likes

Awesome build Chris :clap:
Question though, have you yeahthatpersoned anything on it yet?

3 Likes

Thank you!
No, not yet but it’s on the list of shit to do!! :joy::joy:

1 Like

ISO6 chain looks like. It is very close to #35 chain.

#25 and #35 chain are very commonly used in robotics competitions, I forsure gotta make you go to one of the local ones for you to see the giant esk8s they have a yearly global challenge with.

1 Like

Sweet dude.

Those chains look great.

Did you run into many derailments and lost master links with the 25#?

I bet the big ones will be way more robust…

2 Likes

Board is lovely.

You could top it off with some kind of lit up figurine on top.

1 Like

Yeah! Some random derailments and plenty of master links!!

2 Likes

Yes!!

1 Like

Did you ever time yourself swapping the link?

I was thinking like a UFO would look great, plus room to stash more stuff and can take it off and throw it and stuff. Actually it should have a drone inside and take off.

No, haven’t

Here ya go: First Glimpse of the YTP Apex Super Predator Unleashed on the Velodrome - YouTube

2 Likes

Noiiiice

1 Like

That 3d printed translucent ESC case wall piece looks amazing with lights inside :open_mouth:

4 Likes

I love the way it turned out. It started with wanting more space in the apex ESC enclosure, then I thought how cool it would be translucent with lights.i really like the end result

3 Likes

BEAST MODE!

Btw the jump drives are our gear drive offering, we just call this Chain Drive. Chains are 06B indeed, chonkas. Even our test pilot hasn’t snapped one yet - that’s what you want - reliability and the noise which is just… :ok_hand:

4 Likes

@Yeahthatperson Build looks awesome. Must have some grunt with chains and 140kv.

How you finding the airs so far? This your first time riding them?

2 Likes

Updated. The quick swap that the two systems have is dope and a game changer.

Thank you! I’m so stoked about these. 25h I have broken numerous master links and have actually stretched a set beyond use :joy:

2 Likes

Thank you!! Yeah, it has good punch for sure! Thicker chains than mountain bro and these 6384s are just a lil bigger than the 6374s on mountain bro. Definitely feel a difference.

Love them! I rode @bboybowzer 's board, kinda made me want them… But needed chains so when those dropped it really made sense

3 Likes