Yours Truly is now in open beta for iOS!

Is anyone using the app with a Spintend?

Can someone explain to me what the benefits are to use this instead of metr app (considered you own a metr)

1 Like

Maybe someone with a Metr can shed some light on this but as far as I know the Metr app has a lot more features.

Hoping to give it a go on my spintend mtb in a short time.

Btw this is the error. I restarted the app on my phone and it went away. Normally I just autconnect and auto start the rides. My app was up to date from what I can tell at 1.3.0

1 Like

Would you be interested in joining the beta?
There’s some watch fixes on there - I’d be interested in seeing if they resolve the problems you’re having?
If not - it should be out on the app store in the next few days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I have both apps versions loaded on my phone? I’d be happy to try it out tho

Unfortunately not - the beta version overwrites the non-beta version.
Also, as there’s a database schema change in the beta version you wouldn’t be able to downgrade back to the App Store release until there’s version parity between the two.
So you’d have to wait until 1.3.1 was released on the App Store and then download that instead.

There’s no rush though - I should really have this out on the App Store this weekend :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I like Yours Truly simple design and ride list on the main screen where each ride has a preview with the map. The apple watch counterpart has workout capability which lets the app stay active in the foreground. Frequent updates and engagement from developers to the community is also a big plus. I recommend checking this app for sure!

8 Likes

No one knows what is happening / There is a lot of danger out there, okay? :egg:

2 Likes

Hey @Elias , just started using it and looks really cool

I think I somehow messed up the can bus config, since on the real-time data while recording only one motor shows

What I did was leave the esc number blank and on the CAN bus section scanned it added the second half, did I did this right? I’m on a StormCore with FW5.2

1 Like

Hey Pedro - this is absolutely correct.
Could you take a screenshot of your can settings and send me logs from the app (settings page)
Preferably just after connecting to the board and seeing some values come through

Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Elias, here it is

Also, as you can see I think there is some scaling problems with the UI in older devices with smaller screens and resolution, I’m on iPhone SE 1st gen

YoursTrulyLogs.zip (26.8 KB)

2 Likes

Oof - those are some scaling issues indeed, we’ll look into that soon.
Thanks for letting us know. :slight_smile:

As for the the CAN config - according to the app your firmware version is 5.1:

2021/05/16 02:31:45:737 [Vesc5Controller(6527:handleFirmwareVersion:Hummie] Firmware version is: STORMCORE_100D 5.1

You need to upgrade to 5.2 for it to work as there’s a bug that impacts this on 5.1 :frowning:
If you’re unable to upgrade any time soon you can also remove the ID from the CAN config and set numEscs to 2.

1 Like

Oh ok, will do the multiply since should be pretty equal on both sides, thanks for looking into it

Really liked how you can select each logged parameter to plot and a few really cool ones

1 Like

1 Like

Hey Pedro,

Are you on the beta by any chance?
I’m trying to slowly work my way through these scaling issues and would be good to get your continued feedback.
(initially focusing on usability but I’ll try to make it look good afterwards - getting elements to scale consistently WRT. each other is hard :sob: )

2 Likes

So far in my experience metr just isn’t as good for live ride tracking, it disconnects a lot for me while YT stays connected and active, especially the Apple Watch app. Metr I got more so for vesc settings as an iOS user being previously without.

1 Like

No I’m not, but happy to join and provide feedback

Will send you a PM

2 Likes

Logged my first ride with a spintend ESC running 16S this weekend. Setting up their remote was kinda a pain because there were so many options and I had to enable the built in Bluetooth module to the esc side opposite the receiver in order to get the data connection, in addition to setting up uart in vesc tool.

Ride logs:

6 Likes

Thanks for confirming!

1 Like