Yours Truly is now in open beta for iOS!

I’m excited to announce that Yours Truly is now in open beta for iOS!

Yours Truly TestFlight Link

Features:

• Telemetry (incl. speed and fault logging) from ESC
  • Battery and range estimates
  • Apple Watch companion app (with option to track rides as a workout)
  • Automatically track your rides in the background (opt-in)
  • GPS route tracking
  • Share your ride on social media!

Requirements:

• iOS 13.4 or above
  • ESC: (One of)
    • VESC with firmware version between 3.43 and 5.1
    • UNITY with firmware version between 23.34 and 23.46
  • Bluetooth Module: (One of)
    • Bluetooth module running nrf51_vesc firmware
    • HM10 Bluetooth module (experimental - more testers desperately wanted!!!)

Known issues:
There has been a report of interference with the Trampa Wand remote - if you’re using a remote you suspect relies on Bluetooth to operate, please confirm the remote still works while the app is connected before going out for a ride!

Help wanted!!!
Please get in touch with me by DM if you have any Bluetooth modules that are unsupported and are willing to hop on a video chat to help me figure out if and how we might add support.

Support, feedback and anything else: Yours Truly Subreddit*

11 Likes

IMG_2429

3 Likes

24 Likes

Hahaha, I promise I’ll start looking at Android as soon as the iOS app is out!

3 Likes

First stormcore app and now this :pleading_face:

But seriously great work man, I love the design of it.

5 Likes

Bahaha. Nice.

1 Like

This is starting to feel personal.

4 Likes

Nice to see more telemetry apps in the ESK8 space. Is there a way to export the ride logs as JSON files ?

3 Likes

I’ve actually been thinking about adding something like that (CSV was what I had in mind).
How would you intend on using the data?

I plan on building a website that takes in Ride Logs Files for data mining analysis. I want to be able to support as many VESC-Based Telemetry Apps to get as much telemetry as possible across both platforms.

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can shoehorn it in to one of the next few releases - shouldn’t be too difficult.

1 Like

I know it’s a stretch but would you have a look at Tizen?

Every telemetry app out there has decided it was too small a market to care. My Samsung watch costs just as much and performs just as well and yet falls short of apps everytime

4 Likes

Phwoar - I’ll keep it in mind but I think I’m going to have a lot on my plate already following up with Android.
I will add it to the backlog!

1 Like

Why do people always start with apple? Like what makes going to a closed system more interesting?

1 Like

Nothing like that - I just own an iPhone and Apple watch and there wasn’t a good (or free) app that did what I needed it to yet.
I had a boosted stealth and used the Ride app before I moved to a lacroix so I felt pretty spoiled app wise haha

3 Likes

I have to use my wife’s XR when I go out with my stormcore. Hate every minute of it :rofl: also having a 1k+ phone in your pockets while riding is just stressful. It’s why I ask. Buying a cheap used android could run you like 40-50$ (here atleast) and not have a care in the world that it cracks or breaks :slightly_smiling_face:
Or…just…have your main phone on you…and well… break it like me :man_facepalming:

1 Like

The US Market share is a Nice target and Apple has some nice tools. With the latest stuff out there (Like Swift U.I) people who can pay to develop iOS apps do, no matter how “experimental” some of their stuff tend to be.

Another reason could be how finicky developing Android BT was back in the day. Even Boosted and Mellow had issues porting their iOS Apps to android to work properly.

1 Like

Meanwhile, android is basically open source :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

For real man, I’m never planning on switching to iPhone because I hate how locked down iOS is. But I wish the developers would work harder on their android apps sometimes, especially for the major OS releases. Like sure you can’t make it work for 1000 squeues, but at least do the major ones, Samsung, LG, etc.

@Elias the app looks great, wish I could use it!

One of these days people will realize that the S10+ and there on is basically on par with the iPhone in every useful metric

3 Likes

I think iOS and Android both have their pros and cons, and that most people already figured out which OS works best for them and theres no real arguing going on.

I assume @Elias is an iPhone user and is just more used to creating apps for iOS :man_shrugging:

I miss when I had a work provided phone cause then I had an Android and iPhone on me :rofl:

2 Likes