Yours Truly is now in open beta for iOS!

To me it’s a bit more personal. I’m a PC repairman.
:metal:Right to repair :metal:
Used to love my iPhone 3GS
Then got in the business and noticed there was too much closed system functionalities and components to make it worth it. Stuck to android ever since. Currently rocking an LG G8X thinQ dual screen

4 Likes

I’m fully talking out of my ass here - but I assume because Apple builds are confined to several phones and all built to specs they define and control. To Dev an app you’d only have to map things out for one system. For Andriod, you’ve got all sorts of different screen sizes, hardware, manufacturers etc - takes a lot more to care for I’d imagine with app design.
Also, from my understanding they don’t make as much money from android - more people buy apps on Iphone for some reason. Maybe it’s sideloading, or cracked apps - who knows. Anyways, enough speculating from me, but I hate when great apps don’t exist for android too

4 Likes

I think you’ve mostly got it. Extra development time, more loose ends.

@ReliantChris I personally intend to have both too, the company I work for has company phones and they only provide iphones for security reasons

1 Like

vesc_tool didn’t start with apple. didn’t even get there. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

iOS lost me when they don’t allow me to change ringtone after my friend send the audio to me via bluetooth. not sure if they have change that or not, i ain’t going back

1 Like

Just downloaded and submitted some feedback, looks good!

1 Like

Posted an issue on reddit. reminded me how much I hate reddit.

my second observation idk if it’s an issue or something I didn’t configure or did wrong but I don’t have any voltage or temperature readings from the app which seem to be in your screen shots. which is the first thing I want from an app.

1 Like

DMd to help resolve

1 Like

Nice app👍

Works with Metr Pro

8 Likes

Thanks for all the help so far guys.
It would appear HM10 isn’t working but hoping to have a fix out in the next few days.

2 Likes

HM10 connectivity appears to be fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

How are you getting it to work with Metr Pro? I have a non-Unity version, and when I try to + boards I get “no nearby devices found”

I literally just received it today and installed it (Metr module) an hour ago, so I realize I could be missing something really basic - likely nothing to do with the app

1 Like

make sure the metr module isn’t connected to the metr app. I have to force quit metr app on phone to get it to connect to something else. ( ie your truly app or vesc_tool on laptop)

2 Likes

Did you turn the bps or whatever to the correct number?

Was “baudrate” the word?

2 Likes

Yeeep, got mixed up with other stuff

1 Like

Put mine to 9600 if I remember correctly

Thanks Fess! I’ll give that a go

That did it! Manually closed the Metr app and then YT saw the ‘device’ - however, then YT immediately went on a crash loop, every time I opened it, it would auto crash. Then I connected back to the Metr app, and wouldn’t you know, got a notification that Yours Truly connected (while in Metr App). So strange, but it’s all working now

bastards

all of you steve jobs sycophants… bastages all ya all…

1 Like