Your Bindings - YoBis - 06.13.20 update (2020 version)

@Saturn_Corp, @Murloc992
That’s good you’re mentioning this. I can update the models.
What will be a good length to shave from the bottom?

1 Like

My current plate orientation feels rock solid, yet, the hook fit is looser than I would love it to be. :slight_smile:

I guess circular grooves in the shape of the bolts would be enough…

It’s actually quite okay with my thicc shoes, I had to raise it by 1mm, but with my usual “comfort shoes” they lack a mm or two. :smiley:

1 Like

Had a proper ride, feels a bit too high, but okay in general, need to add the rear hook too, because the back leg doesn’t know wtf is going on and I constantly “narrow” my stance and need to readjust back to wide. :laughing:

1 Like

It takes a bit of time to get used to single front hook but IMO it’s incredibly comfortable… I ride on a Hummie and am pretty short, so you’d expect narrower stance, but my back foot tends to have heel on the edge of the deck right on the back curve where it drops down then pointed like, 45* straight into the main of the board with my toes. Hip pointed completely forward and knees always somewhat bent.

I’m actually about to put a second binding on though as I’m at a point where I’m comfortable at pretty high speeds but am wanting to boost my initial acceleration by… A lot.

Typically one of these two stances

hello everyone, new here and new to esk8.
currently riding a backfire G2T and came across this YoBis while doing research on bindings.
@dani, will you still be making this to sell?
i dont have access to tools to make 1, willing to pay a bit more if i can get a complete set

1 Like

Hey

I plan to make additional two sets in a week or two.
Both will be V3, red color. The plates will be slightly thicker at 1/4".
One can be yours if interested

Hi, yes I would love to get one. I pmed you on Instagram name Avery

1 Like

I am interested in a set. Have been lurking in this thread and have been wanting what you are talking about. It you make a complete set I am down for one.

Damn. If you’re up for it I’d love to get a set too. :pray:

thanks @dani for the set. it has already reached warehouse in US but couldnt ship to my country due to lock down now.

by the way, have anyone tested this on a drop down deck? does it fit? deck like the ownboard bamboo

2 Likes

@dani would it be a burden to add 2020 versions for all the models ?
It’s really hard to source the 2525 in EU right now.

1 Like

Hey

There was recently a remix for the v2, check it out:
YOBIS bindings for 20x20 metric profile found on #Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4239696

I’ve never printed this one so do tell us how it is

1 Like

Yes, i was the one asking for it on Thingiverse ^^
I’m printing it right now !

1 Like

Ok, let us know

I printed one “YOBIS bindings for 20x20 metric profile”.
It seems OK ; there is a small edge around the 20x20 hole, it’s not as neat looking as the original ^^.

Moreover the aluminium bar seems tiny in it :smiley:

It also printed a 80% sized 1"x1" to make the hole 20mmx20mm. It could do the job, i’ll give it a try too !

1 Like

The edges look ugly :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
How is the stiffness?

The biggest caveat of switching to 2020 profile will be going to M5 hardware instead of M6 or 1/4

1 Like

Please let me know if you make any more I’d love a set

2 Likes

If anyone is keen, I’m receiving a small batch of the plates (cut from 5mm aluminium) very shortly, can sell them for $20 AUD per pair + postage, will get pics up as soon as they come in.

2 Likes

I have a blue set (last one)
It’s V3 with 1/4" bases.

The only problem is I don’t have the bolts for them (sliding nuts included).

So if you can source eight 1/4-20x3/4 bolts this can be a good solution.

This one is definitely the last one I’ll make