Xtla | surfrodz motor mount

Without the thread please, because my thread is longer to give more support. Just the plain axle like this pic.

I got same existing bolt.
Please check this measurements.

Total length exclude thread and head is 80mm

When it fully inside the hanger, it’ll leave 50mm usable axle, so the axle that inside the hanger is 30mm.

Now my axle measurement that goes inside the hanger is also 30mm + 3mm space for press fit.

So everyting should be perfect fit since our hanger inside length dimension is same to the bottom. 47mm without the press fit and 50mm with pressfit

And about the thread, its 1mm longer to give more support, this shouldn’t be the issue.

1 Like

So i’m still not sure why yours can not go tru.

1 Like

I have the exact same measurements…there’s something weird about these trucks. I plan on replacing them soon…I want a different color. I’ll let you know what I find with the new trucks. I appreciate your help, the hard work and thought put into these mounts.

Could this be the reason?

This are ok, this not related with the problem.

I think maybe we had different batch of trucks, maybe something different inside somewhat. Let me know if you have other hanger to try.

1 Like

I actually found that the pressfit mounts didn’t fit on any of my older hangers (1 year old, never used). Thankfully I had recently bought a new pair of RKP hangers for a project that they DID fit over. I think SR changed their dimensions along the way.

2 Likes

Yes it loose on older hanger, the hanger had different logo i notice. But glad it fit with your new trucks.

1 Like

The opposite. It actually was too tight to go on any of them. It’s cool though.

1 Like

Too tigh is better because you can just sand them a bit, no need new hanger.

3 Likes

I’m gonna buy a new set of SR RKP trucks…I’ll let you know what I find.

1 Like

Lemme know if surfrodz actually ship your stuff.
They just took my money and blocked me it seems :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

You have problem with axles, but the mounting is ok?

1 Like

one side was a little loose but the crossbar fixed that. other than that mounting was good.

Nice, you are using 80mm shouoder bolt with this?. Yea even left and right sometimes got different tolerance, but i’m sure it’ll be fine.

I don’t even use the rodbar but i’m using 6bolts to hold the plate.

1 Like

@XTLA hey anyway you have any more rkp motor mounts or could produce another set?

Yeah i have some rkp and tkp. Dm me if you need one.

I’m having issues with the circlip touching the mount and not allowing it to spin.

Should I just file the mount down until there’s enough clearance?

What motor you are using? If it only need small space to get clearance, i’ll try to file the edge of the c clip 1st to see if it works, you can easy replace the c clip tho.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m using the TB 6380’s

I went ahead and filed the mount down a fraction where the circlip is and all good now. I might file down the circlip as well to make sure.

2 Likes

@XTLA what were these threaded holes meant for? Bash guard?..if so, do you have STL for a bash guard for your mount?

1 Like