Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

Correct! The dev would need to update his code as the firmware changes because the communication changes a bit over different firmware versions.

1 Like

Can you clarify how you specify the # of motors used in Xmatic?
I have noticed some folks who have 2 motor setups but the data such as watt-hour is only showing 1 motors worth of data (and not doubling the data like it should).

Also when applying a new mode does it automatically apply to both vescs in a 2 vesc setup?

settings -> data -> ā€œdouble data for dual configā€

I think it just doubles the data read from the vesc itā€™s connected to. but iā€™d be happy to be wrong and have it get both like metr does.

Yes I believe that is correct. But does enabling that button also ensure that when a new mode is applied via the app that it applies it to both VESCs?

I donā€™t think that button would have anythign to do with it based on itā€™s name.

i canā€™t confirm anything else on the modes. have to wait for someone else. or just test it yourself.

I did just verify that applying a mode only applies the setting to the MASTER VESC and not the SLAVE VESC. I see that you have to check CAN BUS FWD and then reapply the mode to the SLAVE VESC @Twan do you have a fix for this? It would be nice if it just automatically applied the settings to the Master and Slave. This is how Ackmaniacā€™s ESC Monitor works on Android.

Also I just observed that when applying the mode to the SLAVE VESC, that motor now spins in reverse. WTF? @Twan, I would appreciate a response. Customers paid for this app, and itā€™s not doing what itā€™s supposed to do.

1 Like

can anyone tell me what the latest version of this tool is?

and can peeps use this app on multiple boards?

I go and hit the icon of the board iā€™m going to ride and it defaults to something elseā€¦

does this app base itā€™s setting on a particular BLE module ID?

1.70. is what I see in the app store. and what I have.

yes. using the ā€œgarageā€ menu in the upper left of the home screen.

whatā€™s that mean?

I think for each board in the garage you get a separate set of records and settings, and included in the settings is which BLE device youā€™ve selected. but I think if you wanted you could have two ā€œboardsā€ in the garage using the same device.

noā€¦ Iā€™d like the app to know by which BLE ID which board I have set upā€¦ that Iā€™m going to rideā€¦

does that make sense?

how I make update?
:spoon:
:bowl_with_spoon:
:spoon:

I am fucking estUUpid on all apple stuffsā€¦ I have 1.6~something

Holy shitzabobs I just noticed @kook and @fessyfoo are different people :man_facepalming:t4:, your avatars are so similar at a glance.

1 Like

we donā€™t look the same on our esk8sā€¦ @fessyfoo is the handsome oneā€¦ iā€™m the k00ky one

It wonā€™t auto switch based on what it finds. It wonā€™t create a new profile if you just select a new BLE device.

you have to use the garage menu in the upper left of the home screen. to switch profiles to a new board. ti will remember which BLE device went with that board.

open app store, find xmatic app. it should say update. if it says ā€œopenā€. then it thinks itā€™s up to date.

1 Like

gracias amigoā€¦ Iā€™ll try againā€¦

but in all honesty, iā€™m already at my wits end on this appā€¦
maybe Iā€™m over complicating itā€¦ others seem to like itā€¦

but the author iz like a ghost and @sofu is making the stormcore app so, so much more attractiveā€¦

this app had potentialā€¦ but Iā€™ll prolly not be investing much more time chasing outdated appsā€¦

itā€™s prolly my faultā€¦ but IDK make an app intuitive and easy or make it a dinosaurā€¦

@Twan already has my bux 5

yeah. itā€™s a good app. but it took me a minute to get it. woudl take seconds if someone just walked you through it.

I didnā€™t understand the garage menu even existed for a long time.

and the other long term stats window is hidden by a button in the upper right I didnā€™t realize it was there for a long time.

then thereā€™s the faults window. which is a button in the top left of the stats view.

and the log is click the version number in the stats view.

he actually does doc a bunch of it pretty well in FAQ and Setup.

I like that it does wh/mi per trip. and has a long term odometer.

anyhowā€¦ blah. everyoneā€™s got their preferences. this thing makes HM-10s useful again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

even the horrible VECS app has loggingā€¦

I donā€™t use it muchā€¦ always enabled now you showed me the magicā€¦ but if iā€™m curious I can look it upā€¦

i know itā€™s prolly user errorā€¦ but I have boards with much different characterā€¦ when I select that board in the GAYrageā€¦ it should give me that boardā€¦ even better if the app knew buy the BLE IDā€¦

but water under the bridgeā€¦ maybe youze could help me out next time we sk8!

thank you

yeah, itā€™s not a full on ride logger. [ when I mentioned logs I meant the app logs. just for clarity. ]

but the ride stats it keeps are useful summaries of your usage.

1 Like

I bought this app on a whimā€¦ I wanted legit statsā€¦ on the unity on original FW I can get enuff info for meā€¦

on the VESC FW eventho I hate the appā€¦ it doesnā€™t scare me anymoreā€¦ itā€™s still one of the most unwieldy apps Iā€™ve ever usedā€¦ it was like clown A saidā€¦ yeah letā€™s put that shit inā€¦ and clown B did itā€¦

make an app you set it upā€¦ it CANNOT make changes to ESCā€¦ you supply basic info and it spits back data on command and is smart enuff to know what device it is hooked up toā€¦

iz dat 2 much to ask?

yes. :stuck_out_tongue:

write the app you want to see. or leave the poor souls alone apps are hell. especially if your specialty is ESC hardware .:smiley:

1 Like