Xmatic - VESC iOS Bluetooth App

Hello everyone! Been inactive for past year back will be coming back! Noticed many changes in the community since past years. For starters the community changing to this forum. So I wanted to start a thread on my app.

Here is the original app thread here

Please leave your feedback/suggestions here. I may or may not implement them.

The app can be found here

17 Likes

Reserved

2 Likes

New app update is out to support FW 5.0+ . Sorry for the delay, been quite busy this year and did not get around to it.

15 Likes

Awesome. Glad to see you pack. Is there anyway to export a ride file into JSON?

1 Like

WooHoo! How will that work with firmware support though? I had been using the Xmatic app on an HM-10 but it seems that firmware 5 doesn’t support the HM-10 anymore

Does that mean we’d need to get an nrf board instead to still use it

you need an nrf module for firmware 5 no matter the phone software

2 Likes

I think the confusion comes from the the fact that
it’s the apps vesc-tool, focbox ui that don’t support HM-10. not the firmware.

the firmware bit comes from the fact the the apps that did support HM-10 such as xmatic and ackmaniac didn’t work with newer firmware.

I could be wrong but I expect xmatic via hm-10 to fw 5.0+ to work.

2 Likes

Ehhhhhhh maybe 3.65 is good enough then

Honestly I don’t even remember what version of vesc tool 3.65 was in though.

lol wrong, the vesc firmware stopped supporting hm10

really ? it’s just uart. how do you stop supporting uart?

rude. :cry:

I just successfully connected the new version of xmatic to a FW5.1 focbox over an HM-10 bluetooth module.

So works as expected.

4 Likes

Can’t you just suck a wrong and lie down?

2 Likes

yes. but not a wrong wrong. :stuck_out_tongue: that would mislead people on the forum and this forum is about getting the good infos. it’s not some enertion builders forum.

2 Likes

I plugged one into my iPhone just now, accessory not supported, just so Wong.

On the serious side thanks for confirming this, I’ve a bag of these for I guess cheaper builds, good to know they have a use in the future

2 Likes

WE WANT TCP BRIDGING!

WE WANT TCP BRIDGING!

WE WANT TCP BRIDGING!

5 Likes

@Twan
Cool app!
I found These bugs though.

-I wanted to set up a a beginner mode for lower speed and now one motor spin backwards and the other forwards. Seems irreversible… need vesc tool now to get back my settings.

-Using “,” instead of “.” In the custom charge curve causes the app to crash. Had to reinstall it to get it running again.

1 Like

@Scepterr doesn’t do apologies, but if he did they would be some of the finest known to humanity

2 Likes

Nice to have y back twan!!!
Really like the xmatic app

1 Like

Lets clear up some things! With the HM10 vs NRF51 debacle. There is no such thing as HM10 supported/not supported on a FW.

All the HM10 module does is it acts as a bridge to the UART port of the VESC, the app just sends commands over the HM10 and the VESC responds back and that is how we get our data.

As for NRF51 support, that only applies to the official app since it has a higher bandwidth they chose to go with NRF51, which allows OTA FW updates.

@BuildKitBoards haha I will look into that!

@Fatglottis thanks for the bug report! I will work to fix that.

4 Likes

Oh interesting… So that means that the Ackmaniac app I’ve been using just doesn’t support the new firmware either? I have like 3 HM-10’s lying around that I haven’t been able to use for a while now. My main board is still on 3.65 or 3.62 firmware because of this

Xmatic is IOS only tho so that doesn’t help me with my android lol just my sister’s board

1 Like