[WTS][US] Paperclip (no pictures) great price

I’m sopping wet now…

1 Like

Twist ending @b264 is actually my troll account

2 Likes

That would be epic

Bonus points to anyone who knows why the number is 264

1 Like

It’s the number of receivers in your boards.

21 Likes

Caliber of your revolver?

Negative.

The only hint is “before internet…”

H.264 file format?

Negative

well this turned into a shitstorm.

I feel like i put some logs on their fire then went out for the evening. returned home to find my house burnt down.

4 Likes

Are you interested in the paperclip?

Please, no gasoline. We’re stamping out the embers.

1 Like

(sorry @BillGordon i already typed this, it is constructive i promise.)

@b264 Personally i think if your getting cutouts or receiver failures frequently enough that this is a genuine problem then maybe you should be looking into switching up your remote/receiver combo.

BUT if you are set on hardware and do want that redundancy . . .
It would probably be a super easy job to set a $5 arduino up to receive PWM signals from 2 different receivers, compare them, see if either/both are valid, then generate another PWM that could be sent to both VESC’s.

A $5 peice of hardware and an evenings work could turn your dual receiver setup into a setup with actual redundancy, spacial isolated receivers, no crazy torque steer issues, fully ending this argument once and for all.

8 Likes

Arpanet reference?

Fantastic suggestion.

Also Lee & Jeff had great contributions in here that unfortunately got buried. Might want to make a new topic and pull those over there at some point if we actually wanted to build out a better system using an MCU.

But not sure how useful it would be across the board; might be a bandaid fix for poor single radio performance, etc. I don’t really run into connection issues, personally.

2 Likes

Interested in paperclip PM sent

2 Likes

This whole thread is hilarious. If @b264 starts with a single drive, then adds a second drivetrain and second receiver, he can rightly say using the plain english definition of redundancy, that the second drivetrain is for redundancy.

The engineers are using an extra special alternate definition of redundancy.

1 Like

Embers.

5 Likes

great idea, and people would likely be to willing trade some $$ for increased safety as well.

1 Like

That’s why we shelled out for the OSRR :slight_smile:

1 Like

redundancy…

1 Like