[WTS] [US] Carvon V4 *needs repair* $150OBO

The point of them? They’re powerful direct drives at a very low price point that simply need some love and care. I’m including most of the parts needed to fix them up.

Yes they have some miles and wear and tear on them, hence why they need some work. Replacing the bearings is a quick job but there’s an issue on one of the motors where I think the stator is making contact with something in the can. I have not found any wear or damage on the magnets or windings or anywhere for that matter from this which is strange but it’s one of the things that needs fixed. Could even be something else other than stator contact but idk. That’s also why they’re cheap and a project to work on.

4 Likes

could they be used on a offroad board?

1 Like

Not reccomended for 2 reasons.

One, only abec core wheels can go on these until someone decides to make different adapters.

Two, they’re 110kv which would leave you with little torque at anything larger than 110mm or so. I found 97mm to be a good balance.

3 Likes

i just looked at the page and there not strong enough for my local hills

2 Likes

Are these still for sale

If yes what would shipping to uk be like

1 Like

Not sure but shipping to UK would be something like $40.

Most things should be easy to fix, just replace a few screws and replace a bearing. I don’t think I have all the right screws with me, but I identified which ones they are.

But there’s also what I think is the stator making contact with the motor can. But like I said I couldn’t find any markings or scrapes from that but something is not as it should be. If you want I can take a look at it again and see If I can find anything.

I would prefer to send this to someone capable of fixing that stator problem. Don’t want to have someone buy it thinking they can easily fix it and not be able to figure out what’s wrong with it after all; that isn’t cool. If you want to try though; have at it.

I have half a mind to figure it out myself now that I have more tools, skills, and something else to ride.

4 Likes

Ah yeah just thought it needed a bearing to be replaced that’s all

If it’s more complicated then that I will have to leave it

It’s probably worth it for you to fix it up as you will get quite a lot more

Why do you think the stator is hitting the can? Is the stator itself intact?

When turning the can I feel strong resistance and hear knocking at that point if I jiggle it back and forth. It’s been a while since I messed with it but I think I recall it stopping or reducing when spun up.

1 Like

Sounds like a magnet might be moving?

1 Like

Could be. When I checked they were all snug and not protruding from the retaining ring. Could be touching slightly.

I’ve had them move when I turn the can, then when you take the can off the magnets snap back in line. Easy fix with some epoxy.

2 Likes

How about a clean crisp Benjamin?
A hunnert bux!

@Dareno please close, these are spoken for.

2 Likes

In before the closure… I’m hoping I can re-terminate these for a lower kv… if not… it is what it is!

@Saturn_Corp what motor amps have you thrown at these? I’m thinking a light weight grocery getter on 12s2p 20700s

1 Like

I don’t think I went higher than 80 amps motor and 40 amps batt for each motor.

1 Like

@kook and you can find my history with them here: Marble | Carvon V4, Zenit Marble, 12s4p, Surf Rodz, Focbox x2

It goes into taking them apart and some screw sizes etc…

More can be found on the old forum that I didn’t move to my thread. https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/tutorial-how-to-disassemble-and-reassemble-the-carvon-v4-speeddrive-wip/65453

1 Like

Gahh, I drive home and have some dinner and they are sold already after being for sale 6 months!? :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes

@BigBen has a drive for sale I think

3 Likes

@Dareno couldnt come to the phone right now