wts (uk) 4wd carvon hummie complete build

do i really need to? It’s just a mess

4 Likes

It looks fine, practically speaking, but visually it’s still as big of a mess as it was before :laughing:

Also foam around the battery would be good to see

2 Likes

I’ll just put this here for some sort of guidance (:

(this is not perfect by any means, but I trust it and consider it safe)

7 Likes

Yep

So what
What issues does mess cause

Wasn’t trying to make it neat
Just to make it safe and work

Yours is neat and safe
I still consider mine safe
I struggle to think of what huge mistake there is in mine
It’s just messy that’s all
(It’s much more complicated as I was working with tiny space and lots of wires)

1 Like

People are probably questionning because you’ve added à lot of electrical tape everywhere. Simple remove it and it will look neater. If you already used shrink tubes why add electrical tape on top?

2 Likes

I just wanna know how you got your solder to wick that far down the wire dude… that’s impressive.

8 Likes

If you HAVE to use tape get some fabric tape

1 Like

where does this harness sit, when the enclosure is closed? Is it just pressing on the battery?

2 Likes

Trust me as an experienced technician.

MESSY WIRING = MESSY MIND
You can not with truth say that everything is safe because there is no structure to anything.

NO STRUCTURE = RANDOMIZATION = RANDOM STUFF BLOWING UP/SHORTING

Fix it or go sell on fb

5 Likes

Nah it didn’t wick that far
Dunno why it looks like that on the pic

It sits on top of the bms (it’s heat shrinked in with the battery at the end there) it is aligned with the battery when I put the enclosure down

The messy wires are all bt module or canbus wires
They can’t really be tidied up much more
I will open up and tidy the best I can but when there are like 20 wires it’s always gonna be a little messy

I’m not sure how much effort you’re willing to dump into an esk8 you’re selling but I think it would do a lot of good to minimize wiring lengths and remove any electrical tape as it doesn’t instill confidence in a buyer.

I don’t really have any good examples since most of my builds are pretty messy but I find an extra 4" of unnecessary wire on any connection is enough to make it look messy. Also maybe tape/fix some of the cables to the deck, can’t have the board sounding like a maraca when you ride on cobblestone.

This is the messiest I would tolerate in a used board, but truthfully I should clean up this wiring.

(Board was never ridden like this)

2 Likes

Wtf is this for excuse??

If you think a little bt module and a can bus have too many wires to wrap your mind around then plz don’t find a job involving electronics.

I AM CONSTANTLY CLEANING UP AFTER TYPES LIKE YOU!

4 Likes

you misunderstood me

my point was that they werent wires for crucial parts
my main leads are clean and the wires for the receiver are also

i will open up and clean it up if it makes people happy but i dont believe there is major purpose to it

Lol can bus not crucial?

Get a grip.

4 Likes

What can canbus short with?
It’s not powering anything

Had a clean up session as much as I could
Doing anymore would require cutting and soldering lots of wires which I currently don’t have time to do
It is definitely much cleaner now and all parts are glued/ taped in place

Good luck lol

It still looks a mess unfortunately

Most people here can probably do it better themselves and no one wants to clean that up, hence it not selling. My 2c

The hot glue everywhere doesn’t help

4 Likes

Fair enough
Sadly I doubt anyone could really build this board as who you gonna get carvons from
If you want to buy it and spend a couple hours tidying then you still got yourself a mad deal

2 Likes

Yeah I guess maybe people don’t care for carvons that much now

You aren’t offering to part it out either, but likely you’d end up keeping the battery haha

2 Likes

I still stand pretty confident that they are the best direct drives to ever be sold

Guess not for everyone though

Seen a ton of 4wd torqueboards direct drive builds which just the drivetrain is as much as this entire board. And the tb ones have a ton of issues.

I personally don’t have an issue using this for myself
If someone wants to buy and either do it themselves or they can pay me a bit extra to do it for them :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Then this board is perfect

Honestly the 4wd and direct drives make it so nice to ride and still mad powerful
Prob my favourite ride out there

1 Like