[WTB] [US] very low profile/short mounts

Those are the v4 older ones. We have some left but the new ones v6 are longer.

4 Likes

If you look hard enough, you can find my mounts on there too! I told them to keep it up just in case anyone happens to run into it.

5 Likes

@surfnacho

I got One of these
As @kook would say fuuuuMboards😂

4 Likes

Thanks man. I actually have some enertion style mounts, they work, but require quite a bit of rising. My goal was to stay under 1/4 inch.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought I saw one of your builds had it so hope it works out🤙

1 Like

I know this is less than ideal but I had no possible chance to go forward mounted…
So I went back mounted with the boardnamics idler mount and surprisingly I can still tic tac and do little manuals

6 Likes

Those enertion style mounts are surprisingly adaptable, you can rotate the motor plate if you increase the belt length a little bit

1 Like

I wrapped duct tape around the truck plied the mount clamp open a bit with a screwdriver and clamped it over the tape. It holds pretty well.

2 Likes

That was definitely my first thought. Great minds think alike :call_me_hand:t4:

Haven’t tried it yet. Just tried the aluminum cans, it actually worked very well.

2 Likes

Adjustable to any angle, very short, fit caliber 2 trucks https://street-wing.com/product/street-wing-motor-mount/ that’s how it looks on my board with a 12s12p battery and the biggest case I could find (biggly by Psychotiller) https://youtu.be/O2mH0w47Hi0?t=65

2 Likes

I would not use any mount with a round center unless I epoxied it where I wanted it. Too much risk of movement during high forces and vibrations.

2 Likes

seems like a good mount, but yea that is spooky

True I was worried too at first, I have 5000+ miles on them and never had any problems except for once one of the screws coming a little loose and the mount moving a little up. But I never even used loctite. After that I put it in and no problem since. My gearing is set really high so as going lower the torque will raise but I don’t think there will be a problem. (I am using 80a per motor and 80a from the battery)

I’d bet my left arm that setup would last me 3 days until it failed.

2 Likes

@surfnacho you can also just use the same enertion style clamp but for the mounting plate, drill new holes so you’re able to rotate the plate out of the way

2 Likes

With risers, I got decent clearance. But if this doesn’t work well enough, new slots/holes might work!

2 Likes

Exactly, you’re gonna have to drill new holes and unfortunately move the mounts down so clearance might be an issue but it might work, kinda like in this photo, but on the mounting plate, not the clamp

I drew this on fusion360 obviously

2 Likes

I havent been browsing on alibaba for a hot minute but Ive seen at least 10 stuff from diy eskate vendors on there. Havent seen yours, Ill be on the look out :rofl:

1 Like

Oh its there, but it is not labeled as motor mount so it will be a tough one :wink:

1 Like

Ill play the game :rofl:

2 Likes