[WTB US] Matrix II motor mounts and belts

The GF got jealous of my mountain board, now I gotta help build her one, everything accounted for except a set or Matrix II motor mounts with the 63xx hole pattern and some 15mm to 20mm belts to match 15:70 HTD5M pulleys

Asked most of the CNC guys here I can think of that are in the ~$100 and under range and they all seem to be stuck away from their toys, the most of the other parts are accounted for so soonish (couple weeks tops?) would be nice…she wants it ready to hit the beach by the time it’s allowed

Whatcha boys got rusting in a drawer?

If you’re interested in the build, here’s what we got on hand or on order

Parts
  • MarkOneBoards B-Stock purple sunset MTB deck
  • MBS Matrix II black trucks with orange shocks
  • MBS F5 bindings
  • MBS Rockstar IIs with 8” T1 tires
  • MBS polymer 70T wheel pulleys
  • Enertion FOCBox ESCs with Enertion HM-10 Bluetooth module
  • Flispky VX1 remote
  • DIY 10s4p NCR18650GA battery with Daly red BMS in bypass
  • Haggy 190kv 6374 motors with 15T motor pulleys
  • Harbor Freight Apache 1800 waterproof enclosure (top mounted)

P.S. What would it take to get enough traction to ride on the beach? I think the cheapest option is to bolt another set of tires on the back, I guess some M4 bolts to hold it on and forego the bearings on it?

I guess I can get a M12 stand-off and bolt, and mount the wheel that way? (Main wheel on axle, stand off as a nut/spacer, and a ‘shoulder bolt’ to hole the other wheel on, and the M4s transfer the torque?

1 Like

what’s not-good-enough about kevin’s inexpensive mounts?

1 Like

He said he doesn’t have any, and that he can’t get to the shop, otherwise probably would be those (would need some decorating but as functionality goes they are both cheap and strong)

1 Like

@ATC might have some.

I also have a shit ton of belts, I might have the length you need.

How about here @NingNing selling some good stuff !?

Also as stated above. @ATC mounts have been rock solid for me.

2 Likes

Oh shit I totally forgot about ATC, I’m picking up pulleys from NingNing anyway so I’mma PM him first

Thanks for the reminder!

2 Likes

Personally I like the clean looks of the ones I’ve got

5 Likes

Damn that’s nice looking…what motors are those?

1 Like

Saite 63100s They sounds pretty sick too

3 Likes

I’ve got 2 boardnamics mounts that I can sell

2 Likes

I tried on a 19x3 uni and it didn’t exactly work well by any means

Any loose sand was impossible to get through, and only super wet sand I could ride on top of

1 Like

Oof…would dualies just sink? They should behave like a 8x4 right?

1 Like

Hi Zach,

I have just recently developed these motor mounts for the Matrix 2 trucks. They might be out of your price range but I thought I’d mention it anyway.

The motor plates are made from aerospace grade 7075-T6 aluminium, which is around double the strength of whats already considered a high grade 6061-T6 aluminium. The stuff is like steel.
I focused a lot on weight reduction for this design to improve board handling, and because of this the mounts require a cross bar (threaded rod for example). They fix to the truck hangar using 4 high tensile grub screws which push against stainless steel insert plates that spread the force and prevent damage to the soft aluminium hangar which can cause mounts to loosen over time. There are some other features such as a slight bump to protect the motors from scratches, small slots to aid in motor cooling, a reversed nut and bolt arrangement, which allows the motor plate angle to be adjusted without removing the wheel, and if you snap a bolt from over tightening it can be easily removed unlike some other mounts which require the bolt to be drilled out (been there, not fun).

I can offer these with all required high tensile steel bolts for $160 AUD for a set of 2 motor mounts, plus shipping from australia. Lead time is currently 2 weeks as they are made to order. I also offer a similar design for caliber 2 and fatboy trucks :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Holy shit those are sexy…! :drooling_face:

I think that its a little on the higher price end but I fuckin’ wish I could buy those man…they are just beautiful

1 Like

Thank you! Whats your country/state/zip code dude? I’ll see what I can do on the price

1 Like

USA/Delaware/19711

I appreciate the consideration although I think $160 is a bit steep for this build even if shipping from Australia isn’t as horrific as I remember it being :sweat_smile:

160AUD = ~100USD btw

2 Likes

Oh shit, I thought it was the other way around…now I’m interested

1 Like

Haha all good, I’ll do a deal on shipping (corona special) $20 AUD, so total $180 AUD which will probably end up around $115 USD with our stupid exchange rate. PM me if you’re interested

2 Likes

I got a solids discussion in the morning so I’mma pass out now, but I definitely will tomorrow!

1 Like