[WTB][US] Bent hangers

Why not buying any second hand hanger and bend it in a controlled way so you get the form you want ?

1 Like

I donā€™t think being run over by a car counts as controlled though :thinking:

If anyone does have an old and used hanger that has a total length of 32cm that they want to sell then I might be interested in it. That way if the bending doesnā€™t work I will still have a usable hanger.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my point, the probability you find a truck accidentali bent the exact way you want is nil

So you need to find a way to bend it more acurately

How bout a 270?

2 Likes

bad news, I checked all my leftovers and I must have purged my banana hangers when I cleaned out the garage this last time. Sorry bro. I thought for sure I had plenty of them.

1 Like

As tempting as that looks, I think it might be a bit too far gone :rofl: the contact patch of the wheel to the ground with that much of a bend would be almost non existent.

I know that feeling when you finally toss something out only for it to then be useful not long after. Thanks for looking for them

2 Likes

No problem. I thought I kept more junk for my epoxy esk8 river table Iā€™m going to make, but it looks like I mostly kept stators and blown controllers. I may need to strip parts off the graveyard wall for this table now.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got an old crappy hub motor that I destroyed the sensors on if you want it to add to the table. The strator for it looks pretty cool when alone and it isnā€™t a good enough motor to bother trying to fix it anyway

that would be dope! I should do a build thread on it and let people send me their broken stuff and add it in before the big pour.

1 Like

It is probably the least wasteful way to add in a motor to it since they are pretty durable and easy to fix. The motor still works sensor less which is why I didnā€™t toss it but I probably wonā€™t end up using it anyway. Just pay for the shipping and its yours.

2 Likes

ā€‹

1 Like

Theyā€™re in the UK and are not RKP compatible (I think) :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

Why does no one want to sell me their trash :sob:

1 Like

@whaddys Doooooiiiiiiiiit

Missed this.

If you want some more hangers for that table, I have tkp and rpk surfrod hangers and a baseplate. Even have a lone psychotiller tkp hanger and base plate. A few caliber 2 hangers and base plates. And once Iā€™m done with current build, Iā€™ll have a mbs mm2 hanger and base plate you can use.

All above mentioned is spares to me. Most of them are single and I have no urge to get them set-ed back together. Think donation to what will be esk8 history one day lol. The table better be a real thing or Iā€™ll be highly disappointed lol.

1 Like

@ApproachCautiously buy some hangers of your liking and a 6ft length of steel pipe. Clamp the hanger in something solid. Put the pipe over the end of the hanger. Bend the hanger easily with your massive leverage. Profit?

2 Likes

I think you are greatly overestimating my strength and how much I weigh. Also skating home with 6ft of pipe might be a bit hard :thinking:

Iā€™ve skated home with legit furniture on many occasions ā€” on a shortboard. Itā€™s not as difficult as it sounds.

Sometimes itā€™s actually easier because you donā€™t have to disassemble it to fit it in the car.

Strength is irrelevant, just get a longer pipe. Itā€™s a force multiplier.

3 Likes

Torque multiplier*