WTB: flangless aluminum pulleys for six shooters

1 Like

I like a little wobble. Keeps you focused.

2 Likes

Has anyone run these pulleys yet? I just realized my hubs are different than the ones @Savage1 used to make the pulley and I’m pretty devastated :weary: :sob:

@Lunasi @malachi1boy98 @longhairedboy @cfelzien

3 Likes

Literally just set them up 2 nights ago with a new set of trucks from @Savage1

I did have issues getting them to fit my smaller set of trucks. He also used whichever model six shooter I gave him to model it

3 Likes

Were your axles too short by any chance? The pulleys fit like a glove but my hubs strangely have a flange on the drive wheels that it doesn’t appear were on yours.

2 Likes

Yeah axles were too short and it just wouldn’t fit, was no way to get the nut tightened on the wheel. Fit like I glove when I got these trucks with the extended axle though. But I see your issue because if I was going to fit these to my older builds they just don’t fit as snugly as the older pulleys psycho was using.

2 Likes

Got pics?

With great power comes great responsibility

I’ll take some tonight for sure.

Here is what I’m talking about. I have no idea if this design is synonymous with @Lunasi hubs but looking at the pic above of her constructed drivetrain it looks like the space between the hub and gear is about the same.

Doing some quick measurements, I think an axle w a minimum of 60mm is required for this hub/gear combo to work. Its ~51mm from the inside bearing to the outside hub bearing. 6mm for the lock nut w 3mm of “wiggle” room. For reference, last pic is a 50mm axle for reference.

2 Likes

Also, what bearing for the pulley? Is there a 22mm bearing with a 10mm inner race? The hubs have a 6000 2RS in them but that won’t fit the pulley… does it even need a bearing? I don’t think it’s a coincidence that a 608 fits in there perfectly :sweat_smile:

The old 22mm OD, 10mm ID problem.

They are out there. But just step down to 8mm. It’s so much easier.

But they fail. They always have.

3 Likes

@Common_good the 6900 series bearing is what you are looking for, almost. It’s 6mm wide which makes it meh for angular, sideways loads. Just don’t do a lot of turning and these are great.

2 Likes

@Lunasi @Savage1 do these pulleys need a bearing?

1 Like

6900/W7-2RS (10x22x7)

I use these anywhere a standard 8mm skateboard bearing would go (I only run 10mm axles)

5 Likes

Yes they do, Pulleys need two bearings in them alone. So you’ll have 4 bearings total with the wheel bearings + the pulley bearings on each side.

2 Likes

Thx @Arzamenable @Razillian @Lunasi :pray:

I’ve some suitable hangers in the mail and will order some 6900s. Cheers all :beer: :beer:

5 Likes