[WTB,Europe] Looking for something used that is DIY

I second pinging @tinp123

Also if it fits, a 10s3p p42a is a slightly better choice. Especially if someone builds it for you and charges by the cell. Less work for the builder and a better deal for you

Or even 12s3p but that’s your call anyway

3 Likes

12s is very nice, but I’d hop on a cheap focer groupbuy if going that route, the cheaper 4.xx hardware doesn’t like 12s

1 Like

I abused a maker-x dv4 at 12s without major issues. Cheap and functional

2 Likes

Wait, you’re looking for dual drive at just 800€? You definitely should have just ponied up a bit more cash for that Haya build. At 800€ I’d prefer a well built single drive than any dual drive if I were you.

If you built the board yourself, you could maybe get a good dual drive by finding good deals on all the parts / buying in bulk from a vendor, but even used builds go for a bit more when they’re dual drive…

1 Like

I am just going to leave this here :smiley:

I am willing to put in 50% of the price that other people are willing to put into their daily driver boards. Except… i am doing it with a salary that is like 4 to 6 times less than the same other people from actual countries. Its not that i don’t have the money, 1-2k euro is not something that will make me fall financially, its just not justified given the financial situation here. While it might not be a lot of money for an eskate, it is a lot of money for my country and i just wanna hang out with “the cool kids” here i guess? There was this UK offer, as i said, which we agreed on a price that i could muster, its just that… they didn’t accept PayPal and wanted me to directly send them the money via a bank transfer which is a no-no for me.

To put into perspective… 800 eur ( my budget ) is 870$, atleast that is before the dollar fell so tremendously ( the number on picture above is on the pre-dollar-fall-value ). That is roughly 140% of the average salary here. So me putting in 800 eur, proportionally, would be like a person from the :
US putting in 6860$
GER putting in 4900$
UK putting in 4700$

Etc. Obviously, it is not that simple, but still.

5 Likes

I wasn’t joking about Lipos. This is your best bet for 800 euros:

Add in a charger and little bits and bobs, that’s a pretty sweet build for 600-650 euros.

1 Like

From what i know the lipos are a bit of a different story charge-wise and i’d like the liions, also, im looking for a bit more capacity.
I should be able to find a better deal on a vesc
That drivetrain is exway proprietary

Im not exactly looking for a budget build - for that, i can always get an exway flex and it will probably just be better in most ways. I just do believe that 800 is just pushing the limits for a good build, with good parts, just second hand.

1 Like

Got some 100mm wheels with 36t pulleys for £35. Shipping will hurt though.
Vescs if you get, get used and avoid flipsky. Only their vx1 remote is half decent. Don’t play the flipshit lottery when you’re on budget

1 Like

Here is how i am imagining it in my head. It will go past 800eur with shipping and things like that, i just dont think it’d go over 850e

(10s3p molicel) Battery - 240e
(Any? MakerX?) ESC - 80e
(Any, i’d prefer arduino + 3dprinted case) Remote - 15e
(Hummie + BigBen single stack) Deck + Enclosure - 150eur
(Any medium sized motors) Motors (2) - 150eur
(Dickyho 2ndhand? dunno) Motor Mounts (2) - 30eur
(can’t remember their name, they were black, 90mm) Wheels - 30eur
(no idea, cheapest ones, dickyho?) Gear Drive (2)- 40eur
(caliber II? cheap ones) Trucks - 25eur
(Shipping, wrong pricing above, hardware, belts, other) Misc - 40eur

• The ESC price is single there, needs to double I think
  • Mini remote
  • Why spend so much on those motors? Just get 2 C6374s, 70 euros and you’re done on such a tight budget
  • 90mm ABEC clone wheels are fine
  • Dickyho pulleys are about 40 yea
  • You need 220 truck hangers or wide trucks if you want to run larger than 6355 motors.
  • You’re missing a switch, charger, bearings?, and “extras” cost quite a lot more than 40 euros if you’re on your first build, because you can’t just buy a single XT90 for example you pretty much can only get them in 5 pairs, which after shipping is at least a few euros, and all the components are like that.

I’ve never understood why the vescs are so expensive though… the boards contain just a few compnonents and they look relatively simple from an engineering standpoint. Of course, i am no engineer, but i can’t help but wonder…

I ammselling this thing in complete… it was on hummie deck so it will fit :joy:

Its Unikboards 150kv
Unik boards mounts
Evolve trucks with riptide bushings, wheels
Steel motor pulleys
All new skf bearings
A set of spare belts, those they are on are brand new as well.

I am from Serbia, so next to you, cheap shipping…

I know your pain with salary, we are even worse.

Interested?

1 Like

Im looking more at a street build, rather than an AT build. With the evolve trucks and AT setup and low KV motors, i am not sure if this is exactly what i am looking for. What is your price for these?

I have no idea :joy: 300e for the whole thing.

Actually i have a set of used evolve abec 107mm you would only need a pulley for them since I’ve broken mine. I have been riding at and street depending of the mood.

Yeah, right now i am looking to get the same thing for about 200e… :smiley: Anubis advised me to get 2 motors for a total of 75e, Antrx is selling small AT wheels ( ones like the clouds, not full AT ) + pulleys + belts for like 45e so thats 120eur and if i can get trucks + mounts for less than 80 eur, that’d be great.

1 Like

Trucks and mounts for under 80e? I actually might be able to do that. In fact, I also have some C6374s lying around, and as Antrx lives in the UK, it might be possible for us to combine it all into 1 package and send it out to you.

4 Likes

How much for both motors and what are they? I don’t know much about these motor specs, other than “the numbers mean their measurements”, so if you can actually give me with some real-world performance numbers, that’d be great. Thank you in advance!

C6374s are 50A 170kv so about 2600W i think. I have a post about them, somewhere

Cash-money?

its these but sensored, but i dont reccomend using the sensors.