[WTB] [EU/UK] 21700 4P PCBs

Looking for a positive and negative bus bar PCB for welding 4P packs of 21700 cells, that could handle 120A. If someone wants to make some to sell, perhaps they could even make them capable of 140A for those using Samsung 30T cells. @eLDoska maybe? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was just talking with @DerelictRobot about this, I’m having some PCB’s made (I’m in the UK) we may as well get some in for the big boys if there is demand

6 Likes

I’ll make a poll to gauge how large of an interest there is.

How many PCBs do you require? (±1 per pack)

0 voters

• I’m using 30A cells
  • I’m using 35A cells
  • I don’t need that much current
  • MORE POWER!!!

0 voters

How many cells per P-group?

• 2P
  • 3P
  • 4P
  • 5P
  • 6P
  • 69P

0 voters

ill be intrested in 12 21700 pcbs.

1 Like

Arent these PCBs stupid cheap from PCBway or any similar site? Just need the design and specs

2 Likes

I’m surprised there isn’t a thingiverse for this already for all current ratings and P sizes (an electronics version, but you know what i mean).

Maybe we can all chip in and get someone here to do it? :slight_smile:

I’m just going to buy some for my use and will sell some if anyone wants them moon face.

PS where is my sticker? :grin:

1 Like

:joy: Ill send it tomorrow

1 Like

I’m going to sacrificially burn it if it arrives on or after Friday.

On camera.

1 Like

sure, i can make a pcb for a 4P packs of 21700 cells, but such high current requires thicker copper layer. jlcpcb asks about +16$ for a 2 oz copper (10pcb). 3/4 oz copper on pcbway makes +195$ what imo is overpriced for our purpose.
so i guess here are 2 reasonable ways - 1 oz copper with copper bars / wires as reinforcement or 2 oz copper extra solder on the traces

1 Like

Has anyone successfully manufactured 4P PCBs for 21700 cells? @Lee_Wright did these work out for you?

1 Like

Pretty well

Edit: got them from @Lee_Wright

3 Likes

How many amps do those support? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No clue what so ever. 2oz Copper whatever that can handel. The PCB feels solid.

I will use some copper braid on it. Just want the simple battery modules soulotion. Just desolder the copper braid of a 4p pack and remove, fix and reinstall.

According to this random calculator I found online and not knowing exactly what each thing means, I thing you should be good for a 120A pack, assuming 2 connections between adjacent groups :slight_smile:

Yeah dude, I have some 20700 4P and 18650 4P left. Not many of the 20700’s though

1 Like

Will the 20700, 4P PCBs work with 21700 cells or would it be a bit too narrow?

I havent tried it, but I guess 0.5mm at each end probably isnt gonna cause an issue

2 Likes

Kaly sells some nice 20700 PCBs

1 Like

Anyone that sells these in europe ?

1 Like