[WTB] [EU/UK] 21700 4P PCBs

You don’t need them. I never understood why people used these.

1 Like

I have some. Was going to use them to first build a 2P battery that I could later add more cells to. That seems like a good use case for them. Never ended up doing that :laughing:

I also have 5P ones for 18650s

Do you also have the nickel strips ?

What kind? Thin ones for cell level fusing? No. But I have regular nickel strip + one cut in shapes.

I threw away probably 100 of these the other day

2 Likes

Id have drove round and picked those up off you had i known :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

They were on sale on the website for at 18 months and we sold… None :joy:

3 Likes

Probably would have been more demand if you didn’t make such sweet batteries

1 Like

Haha, very kind of you!

1 Like

None. Battery PCBs are structural and the copper is just to give your nickel something to adhere to & insulation from your cells. All current is carried through the nickel itself.

For anyone looking to get some made, all PCB sizes were open sourced & published here:

2 Likes

Right. This was more of an issue back in the day when people wanted to use super thin nickel strips for cell level fusing, and orient the cells perpendicular to the pack layout. Then the PCB current carrying capabilities would have been important, because the current has to go through the PCB to get to the next p-group.

If you don’t orient them that way then it’s not an issue, I agree.

2 Likes

Yeah I have to agree

We (quite rightly) as a community have moved on and improved our techniques, these PCB’s are a bit of a legacy of old ways.

2 Likes