Wtb [EU - SWE] Custom/DIY board

Hi! :smiley:
I live in Sweden and I’m looking to buy a board with around a 12s4p battery that does +60km/h and preferably does not weigh above 15kg. (the lighter the better)

Since I haven’t been able to find anything that meets these criterias well when it comes to prebuilt I’m looking for someone to help me put one together.

If you’re in Sweden that’s a big plus but anywhere in EU could work.
Send me a message or answer on this post if you think you could help me with this and we can talk about what it would cost and such.

Shame that Bioboards have no budget options this year; their 12s6p our of 40T is equivalent to a 12s8p of 30Q – 2x what you’re looking for :laughing:

I checked the complete builds category, nothing in the EU available at the moment on here… :frowning: (Maybe I should start selling completes, lol)

@linsus is in Sweden and could help you out if you decide to build a board yourself. (But he won’t build it for you I don’t think)

Also, can’t believe I’m saying this, but you could take a look at Onsra boards lol.
Also Apex customs are a UK based custom board builder. (I think they focus on mountainboards, but worth shooting them a message)

2 Likes

Yeah Bioboards seems really sick but €3500 just seems like a bit more than I’m willing to spend right now.

I was looking at Onsra but they seem slightly too slow for what I’m looking for and the deck isn’t drop down which makes it seem kinda scary for using at those speeds anyway.

I’ll take a look at Apex Customs but I only saw parts on their site but I’ll send a message and see what they say.

1 Like

Nexus boards kit will probably fit this and is set to come out soon. Will probably be a kickass early bird discount too, but I don’t know when the decks will finally arrive.

5 Likes

I know @mackann has some B stock hidden sometimes. I know he sold some off awhile ago tho.

What does your budget look like @Wezter ? 60km/h is a somewhat pricy criteria.
youd need some higher KV motors that will put you in the higher end of ERPM.
Whats the ERPM limit of vesc6 hardware 100k? I’ve remember reading somewhere that 60k is a sweetspot. You’d be pushing it close atleast.

I’d love to help you out, but I’ve got quite alot on my plate atm xD. I gotta finish up helping others then I got some free time.

1 Like

I saw Torqueboards Direct Drive 90kv kit that claims +45mph at least so around 72km/h but It’s not back in stock until in a month so I might have to wait for that one unless I find some better option.

It ain’t no stress for me since the board won’t be used until next season so probably around 5 months or so depending on how long the winter is and I have a flex to use until then :slight_smile:

use the calculator if u want to be somewhat sure :slight_smile:

But yeah. that with no gear ratio and 110mm wheels… efficiency underload at low RPM is quite bad.
Generally when going for speed your startup torque wont be that impressive but I’m guessing you’re aware of that ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that calculator dependent on what type of motor it is or is it only for belt driven ones? (direct drive, belts, hubs, gear drive etc)
Will the startup torque be worse than my Exway Flex, otherwise it’s probably totally fine :smiley:

1 Like

TBDD will have slightly less torque at the start than your exway flex. It will be way nicer though, my friend’s flexway has noisey ass belts.

What about this kit?

Would the torque be worse with this?

you would have rougly twice the torque and around 50km/h.

2 Likes

Only 50km/h with the Bioboards kit?
They say 65km/h but will it be lower cuz I chose a smaller battery then?

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about a super high top speed that much for your first board

1 Like

Thanks for the shout bro!

We tend to build a lot of mountain boards because everyone in the UK is going nuts for them right now but we can and do build anything!

3 Likes

I’m upgrading from flex cuz 40-42km/h feels slow.

I want around 60 and then I’ll probably be relatively satiated when it comes to speed.

1 Like

ohhh not a first board sorry I didn’t read the whole thing…

Second board - Go for speed for sure.

2 Likes

Third board actually, bought a Wowgo Mini like 2 years ago ^^

1 Like

if you have higher voltage the motors spin faster.If you want higher voltage you need a pricier esc. If you’re really that keen on speed I would probably settle for a one motor setup with the new 100V vesc on a 1:3 reduction or so. You’ll have more torque than you can handle and you’d land north of 60km/h.

You looking at dishing out quite alot of dough however. especially if you want someone to build it for you.

At that speed I would much prefer a dual motor setup for safety reasons. Trying to come to a stop from 40km/h on single drive is already a challenge at intersections :laughing:

+ with single drive you’re saying goodbye to half your torque, that suggestion doesn’t make sense at all to me.

Sounds more to me that your problem is you lack esk8 manners, why would you push 40km/h nearing an intersection…bruh… :man_shrugging: :joy:

a sk3 with 15mm beltdrive was my first board, it was a powerhouse and I never had belt skipping, started out with 9mm tho. that was ass

1 Like