Wtb [EU - SWE] Custom/DIY board

Because I do with a car? :sweat_smile: I mean I start braking quite in advance just because I know how weak traction with single drive is + in case everything fails so that I could foot-brake it.

The budget will probably be somewhere around €2500.
Can I come by cheaper, then that wouldn’t hurt.
I might have found someone within 1h of me that can help me put it together but it’s probably best if I manage to get a hold on the parts I’m gonna use then to get the cost down slightly and then take it to him to have him assemble it.

It’s either leaning towards Nexus kit, Bioboards kit + other deck, other battery and such or Torqueboard DD kit,

https://fluxmotion.eu/collections/products/products/flux-at-2nd-batch-pre-order-september :wink:

Board will do 50 km/h stock, but you can bump up the motor pulley size and that will increase.

1 Like

Way larger battery than I’ll ever need though which increases the weight unnecessiarly for my use.
I’ve looked at it and it seems like an amazing board for the price, just not for me I think.

1 Like

also I don’t wanna have to change a lot of stuff. if I spend around €2500 on a board I want it to have the speed and acceleration I want out of the box ^^

1 Like

Motor pulleys can be had for around €10 a piece at most, and I’m pretty sure if you message @EboardSolutions (the person who builds these) he will change the pulley for you for free. :slight_smile:
Why is weight such a concern? Are you planning to commute with the board?
The flux deck has a bottom mounted battery just like the board Bioboards makes, this lowers the center of gravity and inherently increases stability at the speeds you are aiming for.

1 Like

Yes I’m planning to commute with it.
Probably have it with me when I go in stores and such as well.

You could also put Bergmeisters on that bioboards kit and gain some more top speed (you’ll ofcourse loose some torque though). You’d have to fork out some extra cash for bergs and bergadapters as well, but they are super nice to ride.

Don’t know what speed you’ll end up with on 12s4p 30q, but I’ve done this on the previous Thorium model (not X 4) and hit 70km/h, don’t think that was top speed either, still decent torque. That’s on 12s6p though. Are you all set on 30q, thought about 40t cells?

Tinp123 still has his board I never took it. Hummie build

1 Like

I was thinking about using p42a molicel cells, would you recommend something else?
I might wait for the 63100 motors from TB, still not sure :slight_smile:

What board is that?
You got a link?

I think he is away right now but I was talking to him last week he still has it

1 Like

Oh my bad, I thought you were going to use 30q.

Yeah I feel you, so many new interesting stuff comming out all the time. By the time you’ve got all parts for your build there’s already new stuff you want, haha.

Where in Sweden do you live? Gothenburg here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Gothenburg here as well ^^

1 Like

Hey
Maybe you will be interested :slight_smile:

ebay-kleinanzeigen**(dot)**de/s-anzeige/elektro-skateboard-eskate-esk8-diy-evolve-trampa-boosted-/1470636797-241-35?utm_source=sharesheet&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_android

2 Likes

Cool! I’ve only seen one other DIY rider around. Are there any group rides happening? I don’t have facebook so I’m (mostly) happily oblivious to what’s going around :joy:

1 Like

I’m very new to this and haven’t joined any group rides yet ^^
I think there are some sometimes, I think you’d have to join the esk8 Sweden gbg group to know when though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hallåå ellerrrr! Göteborg here also.
I never went on a group ride but sometimes a friend borrows my scooter and tags along. If you see an eskater along this route, its most likely me :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Noice, you ride through some dangerous neighbourhoods :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s part of my usual route to work:

I was running a bit late this day :eyes:

4 Likes