wtb deck + enclosure combo eu/uk

I did it just didn’t work

Then you didn’t choose correctly the first time

5 Likes

Big gasket not gonna help you with the eboosted double stack.

1 Like

exactly this

@Halbj613 how much stuff for this build do you already have? It sounds like you already made the battery?

im gonna guess he has everything ready except deck and enclosure :rofl:

2 Likes

yikes

2 Likes

My god do you read the stuff on here? Or do you just wait for spoonfeeds :thinking:

2 Likes

giphy (18)

2 Likes

Pretty sure he has the deck. Definitely has the enclosure.

2 Likes

100%

2 Likes

what happened is i did pick deck enclosure first then i made a battery around it on the presumption (what i was told) that i could route some material out of the cutout in the hummie deck and then all would be good

after finishing the battery someone told me that routing can cause the deck to lose structural integrity and therefore i dont want to take that risk so i am now looking for a deck which can fit my current parts

i know an evo or a tb40 would work fine

But you talked about routing 5mm. Not 10cm!

1 Like

no 5mm on the sides and 5cm up top both which people have done and i spoke to people who had done that much

never assume any damn thing, even if u r the creator of it

2 Likes

Yes. Too much at the ends would probably not be a good idea.
If you can get a Tb deck to work for you then then enclosure you have fits that deck. (You may have to drill new inserts in the deck)
You’ll just have to make sure that the length of the enclosure covers what you need.
If that doesn’t work I can take the enclosure back if you send it to me and haven’t chewed a corner off like I know sometimes you like too.
Then perhaps you can grab that evo from Marcus?

2 Likes

yep
my bad and i should have left more room

thanks for the offer but i would feel bad to
and no tb decks in the eu anywhere

probably gonna take the evo from marcus but gonna cost quite a bit so wanna make sure evrything fits first

also @eboosted says he has a demonseed enclosure coming out in a month

1 Like

@bigben in order for you to make a buck for an enclosure how many people would you need wanting one?

1 Like

k someone tell me if this is a stupid idea
if i buy a thick piece of canadian maple (15ply) and sand in order to get desired concave then cut to get desired shape
wrap in 2 layers of carbon fiber and use the hummie enclosure at the bottom
is this possible or reasonable to do?

thanks a lot

or if i go and route out a large amount of the hummie and then stregthen it with many layers of carbon fiber

its possible but you’re looking at maybe 50 hours of labor.

2 Likes