[WTB] [CA, US] Deck, enclosure, battery, hangers

Edit:

Looking for:
Bustin Sportster + Enclosure (or similar length)
12s2p p42a
BN 184s

Wassup!

I just signed a lease for a new apartment, but it is a bit far from campus. I want to build a new board that is capable of handling the awful roads here in Berkeley, but is still lightweight and reasonably compact (I am not dragging my 40+ lbs SKP board around school :). I would rather build a new esk8 than pay UCB $1800 bucks to park my car on their campus.

This isn’t the clearest “Parts Wanted” thread as I am very open to options, and haven’t really decided exactly what I want. Below are my requirements and the specs I am trying to achieve. Aside from that, I am open.

Deck: 33-36"
Battery: 12s2p, maybe 18s1p - p42a or p45b
Drivetrain: single 6384 or dual 6354 on 184s (maybe 220s). I also want the ability to forward mount these (very important for a commuter board IMO)
Wheels: MAD 105 or Hoyt 5" Pneumies
Complete: Edit: <20 lbs would be sick (idk if that is realistic)

At this point, I don’t have any parts (except a single ESC), so I will basically need everything.

Let me know what you got (parts and ideas!)

-Anshul

1 Like

My lightest board the Blue One is 9.4kg (21lbs) so you’re going to be nowhere near 8.2kg (18lbs) with those specs IMHO

But that’s a very good commuter board, and the lightness is part of its awesomeness

2 Likes

Hmmm yeah, wheels are heavy lol. Maybe 20 LBS then.

To get 9.1kg (20lbs) in reality, you’re probably talking about a 12S1P P42A board on MAD 105s with a single large motor like a 6384

2 Likes

Ahhhh. You know better than I do. What kinda weight do you think is reasonable for the specs I laid out?

How far is the commute and what is the elevation change? And how much do you weigh?

2 Likes

Only 3.1 miles to school (some portions have awful pavement) + cruising around campus. I need more than just 7-8 miles of range for grocery, restaurant, etc runs. It is mostly flat until you hit campus, and then it gets pretty steep (idk what the elevation change is).

I weigh ~175 LBS

1 Like

Sorry, 80kg (~175 lbs) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

buy my board lel

its stupid stable too, you can have fun with it too. Weight can easily be dropped to 20lb if you put 6354s instead of 6368s, depending on what your thermals look like in the summer.

1 Like

Dual 6354 are absolutely fine or even overkill IMHO for a commuter board

1 Like

fixed that for you :rofl:

But seriously, just use a different board for that stuff

1 Like

I’m working on some hummie builds with dual 6354 motors and a 12s4p pack that’s coming in right at 26 lbs. Should have a few available to buy some time this summer.

2 Likes

Nice. Definitely too long for my needs, but looks fantastic.

1 Like

Sure, but I often go places along the way. Idk. Maybe I am looking at this wrong :man_shrugging:

I am thinking about a bustin sportster (can’t believe I sold one earlier this year), 12s2p, single 6384, mad 105s

1 Like

Would you consider tb 110?

TB110 should get slightly more range on the same battery

1 Like

Is that due to their weight? I thought the heavier and bigger the less range

Generally, the softer the ride, the more battery it will eat. The MAD 105 with a softer ride should eat more battery than the TB110. Pneumatics should eat more battery than either, with bigger and softer ones eating even more range.

The difference between the MAD 105 and TB110 isn’t great though, nothing like the jump to pneumatic.

Alex is selling a Bustin Sportster which is the e-skate version with the smaller enclosure, seems perfect for what you’re after:

Also you should have “WTB”, not “WTS” in your thread title :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I also have a Bustin sporster I could consider parting out

1 Like