[WTB]$700 Budget Board

If this isn’t allowed please take my post down (I’m new)

[U.S.] I was looking at prebuilt boards around $700-800 range but I figured since this is where innovation happens, I’d also see if there’s anyone willing to part out with their build for around $700. I’d also be willing to pay for shipping. Thank you!

4 Likes

Add the words WTB and then where you are located :smiley:

3 Likes

@DEEIF You little fucker lol.

@Africanspam for $700 you can build a decent beginner board if thats all youre wanting.

3 Likes

Get a kit

8 Likes

I was thinking of building my own. But with my school right now and all these shipping delays (I’m also a tad impatient when it comes to shipping :skull:) I don’t have the time or necessary tools (Bc I’m an idiot and left all my tools) to build my own

3 Likes

Location?

4 Likes

@J0ker your welcome :wink:

@Africanspam check out what @yelnats8j posted, those little kits from BKB are super easy and are way better then a lot of things available…

3 Likes

I was thinking of doing this but I wanted to see what the community had to offer. To me, you guys’ builds are way more impressive than any prebuilt I’ve seen. I just don’t understand how you guys do it lol

4 Likes

First of, love the username.

Did @DerelictRobot sell his Bluest build? I think it fits the price range and Seriously underpriced.

2 Likes

Lots and lots of time spent on researching, spending money, and breaking shit.

The kit is the perfect opportunity to get a foot in the door of diy.

2 Likes

I saw that and screamed into my pillow because someone bought it :joy:

3 Likes

I would have too if I was in your place, except for the girly tone of blue it would have been a great purchase.

2 Likes

So you have no longboard parts to start with?

Someone mentioned that with people out of work there could be more parts up for sale, haven’t seen much yet.

What do you feel is most important to you?

torque/acceleration/hill climbing vs speed.
desired range?
Quality deck/ wheels? or just whatever works
you can get a set of flywheel clones for free, and maybe someone has some pulleys they could sell you in the same package. Shit maybe they and a mount and a set of trucks too and you’re on your way.

Tons of way to save, Do you want it to look nice at all too? Not that junky shit doesn’t have it’s own appeal.

2 Likes

We should keep that on the hush hush, hoarders are lurking, you want to have a chance at a good deal, don’t you?

5 Likes

Hoarder here I/m so offended I’m wiping my tears with my pile of about 60 belts

3 Likes

All I have coming in are some 6354 motors. I have an old meepo v2 (like the original ones and not the ones they released in 2019) but she’s slowly dying on me. Poor girl has had about 500 miles under her and I think she has to retire

2 Likes

I’ve got a MTB build I’m looking to get rid of.

1 Like

Oh damn you are starting off way better and I was expecting.

@Gamer43 is legit!!

like the range is crap? or the drivetrain or something else is falling apart?

1 Like

I might be interested. Can I slide in the DMs?

1 Like

If you can I would recommend making the jump to mountainboards. Tons of cool products for those
read: sick tires

1 Like