Would you buy an antispark? UPDATE: All antisparks have been sold

Pay me.

Unfortunately, no. As evidenced by this thread, there is just not enough demand to justify the financial investment.

3 Likes

How many of the people who answered ā€œYesā€ would have bought multiple units though?

No way youā€™ve been telling people for months that Haggyboard are about to release a version of your switch and now itā€™s not even happening. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

And how many who answered yes wouldnā€™t have bought one?

I was hoping for this too but itā€™s not my decision to make. It was a serious mistake for me to even reveal this even existed.

But itā€™s not like people are going to care because there is no demand for these things anyway.

Maybe at some point if I can find the capital, Iā€™ll pay for a production run.

1 Like

Sad reality of a lot of polls on this forum when it finally comes time to pay up.

Guess Imma buy a VESC 6 MK 3 now :crazy_face:

(Also low-key glad I bought the 200A 3dservisas AS now.)

Maybe we can help making with you :slight_smile:

16 Likes

58.1 people would at least buy 1, and I think multiple people would buy 2 or 3

1 Like

You mean make a loopkey? :stuck_out_tongue:
Thatā€™s why thereā€™s no demand, loopkeys have me beaten in price and popularity.
And the burns of othersā€™ antisparks past.

Personally, I think word ā€œloopkeyā€ sounds kind of dumb, but Iā€™m in the minority opinion.

I mean the word ā€œloopkeyā€ describes what it meansā€¦ A key with a loop :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Iā€™d buy it, 100%. Then again, the optics behind this all are a bit blurred, to say the least. What would it take to produce a new batch? You have production sorted with @jeffwuneo, demand comes and goes, granted, but if you donā€™t release before storm core releases, whoā€™s your audience?

2 Likes

If you ever do a small production run let me know and Iā€™ll buy 2 or 3 of em + beer money for the effort.

2 Likes

I still want oneā€¦ smh.

2 Likes

Name a price. No work comes for free, thatā€™s always an equivalent somewhere. Just name it, Realistic one tho Iā€™m no Cresus yet.

Btw things we also discussed in PM were because Iā€™m also looking to help, be it human power or money cause I know what itā€™s like to be stuck by student budget (and trust me when I say Iā€™ve known dark times). Seems that I wasnā€™t explicit enough about my intentions.

But I also told you, Iā€™m blowing the ceiling up one way or another.

& Just look at the few posts above, Iā€™m not the only one interested, people want it, you just need to be motivated again.

@jeffwuneo are you available and able to run small batches or you donā€™t have time with your current projects (thinking about NeoHub, neoONE and all your existing work from your company)?

@rusins @DEEIF PM!

5 Likes

PM you? Or who?

2 Likes

Read you PMs :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Need 3

1 Like

I would take 2x at least, probably 3ā€¦

1 Like

Dude wtf if you make a reliable tiny e-switch for $50 with push-to-start and auto-shutoff, you wonā€™t be able to keep them in stock. How many pieces do you need to have a go at it?

7 Likes

Not sure Iā€™m on board there. I would be shooting for ~$35 in which case I would agree with you. Also he can probably wholesale them to people that specialize in selling to the uneducated like Mboards so maybe theyā€™d be getting a more reliable product even if itā€™s from an unreliable source.

Fuck loopkeys, antispark switches all the way, good ones like this at least

I would think there is plenty of people wanting a nice reliable switch and ditch loopkeys, people keep saying theyā€™re reliable but they look ugly as shit compared to a nice button

3 Likes

We can look at it yes.

9 Likes