Wood burn or some kind of stain mark removal?

the marks are exactly where it was sitting on a rubber base, and I had to really push down on the board while I was drilling something, so I think the force created some kind of mark

1 Like

yea the dark smudgy bits, I tried to clean it so I don’t think fingerprints

1 Like

Maybe you have dented / crushed the wood fibres a little bit? They’re soft so can mark

1 Like

If you don’t care about the graphic then you can try sanding the bottom, otherwise maybe try a degreaser?

2 Likes

I’ll try a degreaser and see how that goes

so far I’ve just tried toothpaste and baking soda…did not work

and rubbing alcohol

thank you for degreaser idea

1 Like

I’ve gotten stains out of wood using howards restore a finish but if you were planning on sealing the wood or urethane it, it won’t adhere after I think

2 Likes

I wasn’t, I like the natural look

I’ll order some

thank you

Get some feed n wax too, makes it last and water protects a bit

1 Like

paint the board? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

nail polish remover seems to be working pretty well

1 Like

This sounds like the thing where you go too far and create more damage cleaning it up rather than just leave it :rofl:

Learn to fall better and the stains wont bother you for sure!

3 Likes

When you send it to sender why not have him dye the wood? He turned my “blonde” vanguard to this on the bottom:

I figure that would get rid of the discoloration :thinking:

2 Likes

Lol after your first ride you may find some more dings and scratches, if you don’t want to polish your board after every ride for an hour I suggest to learn to live with it. Patina tells better stories than high gloss finish.

2 Likes

After spot cleaning the wood with a range of chemicals, I’d be a bit concerned with the risk of stain taking differently in those spots, and ending up uneven…

2 Likes

I’m done now :stuck_out_tongue: it came out good

3 Likes

Do we get a photo? :sunglasses:

1 Like

why is your deck look 10 inches thick

1 Like

Haya deck

1 Like

I still have to do it to those 2 marks at the front by trucks in pics, didn’t apply yet, but towards the back it was the worst

1 Like

Not sure if you ended up getting the howards but if that wood has literally no seal or finish on it, you’d probably want something on it if you want to keep it looking nice. There is a million options depending on what you want, or just leave it but you’ll get some patina quick. Urethane doesn’t have to be shiny if you sand it a bit but it can be a huge disaster if it starts peeling. I haven’t used howards on boards though only furniture and speakers with positive results. I always thought boards were kind of treated already anyways?