WOLF 200A PRO Aluminum Alloy Fully Waterproof Brushless ESC

So just curious if anybody has tried this ESC from FVT, specs seem kewl and pc programmable, gone from 170 to 108 euro on BG (not saying much lol)

Its rated up to 14S on FVT website :flushed:

Ps Unsure if this is the right category, please move/direct to the right one in that case!

2 Likes

How the fuck is it 1000A burst!?

this is the closest thing to any review I could find :stuck_out_tongue:
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=607284876806912

Not sure i want a board doing that but still, looks legit and the car goes fast and has brakes :thinking:

Because it bursts at 1000A. :crazy_face:

14 Likes

Question answered.

5 Likes

There’s a reason no one outside of Moe Stooge uses RC car ESCs now.

2 Likes

I could find you some threads of peeps doing that but let’s not do that, I am interested in what You think is the reason then?
As far as I can tell they are the only ones that really work with inrunners which is why im interested in them, but I am a total noob so I could be wrong :slight_smile:

I’m no expert, either. People did use these in 2015 or so because there weren’t many options. Outside of yourself, I’ve never seen a single person happy with the braking, let alone throttle modulation.

I have no direct experience, since I came into esk8 during the (v)esc era, but many people I respect have denounced RC car ESCs as relics of esk8’s past.

That said, if they work for you and give you what you need, that’s all that matters.

1 Like

I tried using RC car ESC… It was not good.

battery usage was 25-50% higher than Vesc based, and the no matter the programming (including replacing the firmware with stuff I wrote) the braking was always too weak or too strong.

my opinion is the processors just aren’t good/fast enough to handle the response that a human rider expects

2 Likes

I know @davidbonde and @MoeStooge are very happy with the mamba XLX on their inrunner setups, was just looking for advice for a more budget friendly esc and stumbled upon this hence the question :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How are you gonna smash the T time attack if you go cheap on the ESC? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I used a marine esc in my inrunner scooter build:

Its a great esc if your only goal is performance and strong braking but its got some annoying quirks that make it mediocre for general use.

Most vesc 6 derivatives are reasonably priced and can give great performance with a large heatsink and fan. For your case, I see no reason to go with something objectively worse in almost every regard.

2 Likes

I just haven’t seen ANYONE do a inrunner build with a VESC but that could be my lack of search skillz or just a coincidence… So if anyone can link a inrunner build using a vesc that would be awesome :slight_smile:

May I ask why you chose the ESC you did over a vesc? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think that’s because most inrunners are too high kv for our voltages and vescs don’t like to run under 6s

1 Like

Before I used a boat esc I tried a Maker x vesc which constantly thermal throttled itself due to mosfet switching losses when operating in the 80-100k erpm ranges and eventually popped its DRV chip. The marine esc I use is built to run 12s reliably, burst 250amps and run motors in the 1600kv range so It has great performance while staying cool to the touch with only passive cooling.

I wouldn’t recommend it because its programming menu is very limited, you can’t turn off reverse and there’s no battery current limiting so when going up hills, it’ll try to suck as much power from a pack as it can. Like I said before, most rc escs are a decent choice if you’re looking for performance and nothing more. If you want a truly polished product, buy a Mamba XLX or a Trampa V6.

1 Like