With Morning Comes Mistfall

Yeah exactly. This is what the thin layer that i have is doing. A thicker layer might absorb more shocks, but it would also allow the box to rock back and forth more and potentially crack the plastic. It’s all just different trade-offs :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Howdy y’all.

Some minor updates with Mistfall:

I finally put my bindings on, and went for my first ride with them. Lots of fun, but I cant shake the feeling that I’m going to fall and this 50lb board strapped to my feet is going to snap my pelvis like a matchstick lol. But oh well. Jumping off curbs is fun.

I’m also working on a grab handle for it, because this thing is a bitch to wrestle around. Im going to make a small prototype run and if they turn out well, I’ll probably sell them.

11 Likes

Ooooooh send the grab handle! I want it!

2 Likes

It’s a really nice build, the bindings make it look even cooler. Out of curiosity what does the flame & stopwatch represent on the map

3 Likes

Stopwatch is point of fastest speed

Fire is point of hottest esc temp

Yeah, I’m basically the DRI secretary

2 Likes

Sounds good on the ol resume lol. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ll put you on the “interested” list.

2 Likes

I love the duck figure. So aesthetic. You have the best duck ever. It’s almost like an Easter egg to have it hidden there

Also what is the cylinder thing beside some pics

2 Likes

You really know how to ruffle this ducks feathers.

It’s a TPU grip that snaps onto the handle, to provide a more comfortable grip. Lugging around a 50lb board by a 5mm thick aluminum bar sounds really uncomfortable to me lol

1 Like

dkm :joy: :joy: :joy: best logo of any brand here. Iconic. Unforgettable. Like the apple logo.

makes sense. absolutely.

1 Like

@BenjaminF please add me to the list for the grab handle i would love one also

1 Like

I was advised that v2 was a bit anemic in the places that matter most, so I did a few more iterations. v4.duck is the latest, and its looking good, so I ordered a pair for testing. If they work right then I’ll start a sale thread or something.

I also cooked up v4.dick on @glyphiks’s request. That will be available for purchase as well.

11 Likes

At first i thought it was holding a hammer until i looked again.

7 Likes

u need to integrate a bottle opener in the design :crazy_face: if u ever make them in metal

3 Likes

Now let’s see one where the dick is the nose/bill, aka “dickface”, or the dick is the whole head like dickasaurus.

2 Likes

I’ll try to remember to draw up a dickosaurus later :joy:

3 Likes

I’m scarred :sob:

Test units are here! @SeanHacker and I will be testing these out, lugging around our massive boards. If they hold up well then I’ll order a few dozen for sale on duckbatterysystems.com :metal:

11 Likes

I made a thread for these eMTB handles so I can stop “clogging” my otherwise very active build thread :joy:

2 Likes

Lol! How that 10p working for you? Also 100th post!

2 Likes