With Morning Comes Mistfall

Ping me in 24 hours and I’ll post it. It’s not a drill guide though, it’s just a spacer.

1 Like

Yup, still better than no guide :smiley:

I’ll be using it as a spacer and modify it to work as a drill guide :slight_smile:

Will do, thanks!

1 Like

Whoops. Well here’s your 5x 24 hour ping.

3 Likes

Hahaha shit my bad. Just a minute.

1 Like

Na all good, i totally forgot about pinging you. My fault :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apache Case Riser.stl (136.0 KB)

Here ya go! :slight_smile: I printed mine in TPU with several walls and top/bottom layers because I didnt want it to be so squishy that it would allow the battery to bottom out on the boltheads if I drop off a curb or a bump or something. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thanks dude! I’ll be printing it in tpu as well. Do You have anything between the deck and box?

1 Like

1/8" of closed cell neoprene, but that aint doing much. Also, I took a dremel to the little raised feet on that box, I wanted to spread out the weight a bit more and also not blow out the bottom of the box when I tightened down the bolts

2 Likes

i thought about going the trampa route with 3 bushings between deck and box. Not sure what difference it makes compared to mounting it flat.

I dont know about that. The bottom of this box is pretty flexible, especially if you are putting all the weight on three points in the middle. I think it would rock back and forth on those points and break the plastic.

Maybe if you printed a TPU spacer the dimensions of the center rectangle on the bottom there, so that compresses rather than the bolts just flexing the plastic down.

1 Like

Yeah I’m gonna be 3D printing a custom spacer for mine too out of TPU. Good to see someone else is going to also @xsynatic

2 Likes

hm right, forgot about that. Trampas box obviously isn’t flexible.

1 Like

How much range do you think you’d get with 9 inch wheels and what psi are these? How do you feel about the weight of the board?

Kind of hard to guess, but probably more than 40 miles.

Honestly I don’t remember. I pumped them up in like October, and just bolted them on when i finally got around to assembling this build a few weeks ago :sweat_smile:

Its a bit much. I am planning on making a handle for the back to make wheeling it around easier.

2 Likes

When you did this and it estimates you get about 60 miles of range - this corresponds to draining the cells from 4.2v to 2.5v each? (Which is what the cell specifications are for full discharge?) Or this 33 miles left is calculated by somehow the davega knows your bms cut off? Did you actually go 30.8 miles or that’s just what the davega estimates (how close is it)?

No.

Also no.

(And an extra “no” because I dont use a discharge BMS :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

The Davega makes range estimates based on the average Wh/mi consumption number. When configuring the Davega you tell it how many mAh your battery is, and how many cells in series it is.

The rated capacity spec of a cell is based on a full discharge at very low current down to 2.5v (usually), so it doesn’t give an accurate picture of how many mAh will be delivered with my use of these cells. Therefore I instead looked at the discharge graph that @Battery_Mooch posted in his review of these cells, and checked how many mAh these cells discharged at 10A down to 3.0V (my voltage cutoff). I used that number times 10 (since my battery pack has 10 cells in parallel) to determine my “minimum realistic capacity,” and that’s what I put in my Davega.

The Davega then uses the mAh and voltage that you tell it to determine how many watt-hours (Wh) your battery pack has, and then uses the measured Wh/mi consumption rate to calculate the remaining range.

I hope that was not a terribly confusing explanation. If it was, then ask @janpom. He made the thing (and is much smarter than me) so he can definitely explain it better.

Yep. And then I did another 15 miles later that day.

7 Likes

This is absolutely correct and great explanation. I have nothing to add. :+1:

4 Likes

open cell squishy stuff would work well. you could go with 1/2" and it would fill all the crevices

1 Like

Open cell would absorb water, this closed cell is still really squishy. I would need some pretty high-density foam for the box to actually hold up on. Better to just have it bolted snug to the deck in my opinion.

1 Like

True, but how much does it matter if it absorbs water?
This is between the deck and the enclosure, right. I was imagining you might bolt through the neoprene, but the layer still acts as a dampening force and levels out the nooks and crannies between the box and deck.

Your other pts are valid tho

1 Like