With Morning Comes Mistfall

Yes indeed!

Yeah the outside dimensions of this box are pretty huge. I was worried it was going to get in the way, but it’s honestly not bad at all. And it looks less mis-proportioned in person haha.

2 Likes

Rad! The bro is so good. This company must be making a killing off of all of us. Board is legit man, congrats on the build

2 Likes

This is really interesting. I haven’t been on enough setups to figure out what combo results in what ride quality, beyond the fact that carbon fiber is stiff and uncompromising.

Can you expand on this? What made the difference in each of your components?

1 Like
  • The deck is much more shock absorbing than any deck I have used. It’s not just all flex like a boosted, either. The deck has some flex, but it’s sort of springy in a way that’s hard to describe.
  • The deck’s concave hugs my feet perfectly. Its not too deep, not too shallow.
  • The truck geometry means that any bump I hit (unless it’s perfectly dead on straight, which is really rare) gets partially absorbed by the bushings before being transferred to the deck. The more of an angle I hit a bump at, the more shock gets absorbed.
  • These 190mm tires are bigger diameter than any pneumatics I have used previously. I may upgrade to 200mm in the future.

It really all just adds up to a really cushy ride.

2 Likes

Lmao don’t worry I don’t have copyright rights to the color green :crazy_face:

2 Likes

@BenjaminF Have you put the Tesla pack through its paces yet? I am really curious how well it performs mostly because I have 100-120 cells laying around waiting for me to use them and have been getting ready to build them out just havent decided on S/P config.

2 Likes

Yeah but you just do it so much better :grin:

I use pretty conservative settings. I think I’m at 40A battery per VESC, so 80A battery total. They are honestly doing great. Very little voltage sag, even when gunning it up a hill.

3 Likes

Good to hear, I really didn’t order the cells thinking they would be a “balls to the wall” kind of pack. Thanks for making me want to get my shit together and get the pack finished :smiley: . I know this question is usually a groaner since its super situational, but what are you getting for range?

1 Like

This is what my battery was at after a 30.8 mile ride. The big number is what the Davega estimates my remaining range will be, based on the programmed capacity and the measured Wh/mi. Hopefully that gives you some usable info :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Mental. That’s the equivalent of travelling from Amsterdam to the German border.

Now, were you to actually do that, you’d probably need to stop overnight to rest the legs and recharge the battery once you got there. You’d need to pack a few things… change of clothes etc…

You know what I’m saying :wink:

1 Like

Did you have to drill the deck to fit the hypertrucks?

dude nice - I wana throw my hypers on a haero one day - waiting for that esk8 specific deck they made a thread about…

1 Like

Nope, Hypertrucks use the standard skate bolt pattern.

1 Like

I must have missed this, but I personally dont see how it gets any better than this deck :grin:

2 Likes

its this guy - Haero e-specific mountainboard deck - #47 by Lee_Wright

I don’t think you missed anything crazy - sounds like it’ll just have channels for wires potentially a wider mid section

1 Like

Wire channels could be cool, but I hope it doesn’t change too much from the excellent deck it is right now :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

very much agreed - all the reviews are glowing

2 Likes

Can you explain what this is? Just a spacer to get the same distance?

2 Likes

Its a 3D printed TPU spacer to hold the battery over the bolt heads securing the box to the deck.

3 Likes

Mind sharing it? I still have to drill my box and deck and don’t trust myself drilling without any helper.

Got the same box.

2 Likes