[WIKI] Trusted Battery Builders (Serious)

Oh cool :smiley:

1 Like

Does anyone know a reputable builder down in Texas? Ive got a Zeus Pro battery i want inspected and BMS bypassed for discharge.

1 Like

Not sure how to contact you, but I’d like to discuss a custom battery build!

You are Unable to send PMs as a new account (Restricitions will automatically be lifted after some activity on the forum.) For now give @Acido some time to get back to you.

Here’s a tour of Chi Battery Systems out of Chicago. They’ve grown quite a lot in the last couple of years.

1 Like

You’re kidding, right?

ChiBattery is a joke. They’ve managed to capitalize on a community with hype, marketing, bullshit, lazy workmanship, and the fact that someone who overpaid for a battery isn’t going to tear it open and look at what a trash job they did.

ChiBattery used to be on here, and in the battery builders club thread, where people had valid criticisms, Bara essentially told people to sit and spin.

Onewheel repair shops are tired of their bullshit. They lie to, and misinform customers, over and over.

They build lazy packs, and lie about how those packs are supposed to fit.

They jump on a trend, and push a shit product to market, having not tested it properly.

After years of having people message me, comment on my videos, and come to my shop asking for help with their garbage ChiBattery product, I can in good conscience say,

Fuck ChiBattery. Fuck their insistence that they make “the safest” anything. Fuck their marketing that promotes unsafe treatment of batteries. And fuck that video.

Chi is responsible for the intellectual damaging of the entire Onewheel community.

19 Likes

yet they still make shit batteries

4 Likes

Yeah, no.

Chi is not a trusted battery builder. They hardly ever were, but their work speaks for itself and it sucks. Even their cash cow of the OneWheel community is becoming pretty disillusioned with their pitiful quality and lackadaisical customer service.

Ik you just make content, and probably didn’t look into much, but the real story is how Chi has managed to be rise so meteorically and literally improve nothing about the products they ship out.

12 Likes

31 posts were merged into an existing topic: CHl battery discussion

People speaking negatively about Chi battery are just plain wrong. I have 4 of their batteries and all are made extremely well. They innovate and support their customers incredibly.

This guy is Chi local and most likely sponsored. Take his vouch for Chi with a huge grain of salt.

10 Likes

giphy (18)

5 Likes

Any trusted EU battery builder can send me a quote / PM for a 10S1P that would go inside a broken LOU board please?
I contacted several and no answers yet

@Simeon ?

2 Likes

@Acido or @pjotr47 still doing some packs?

2 Likes

He is absolutely sponsored.

Seems like all of Chicago is just a chi cult

3 Likes

He’s very busy atm with school, also he’s on holiday as we speak.

Besides that he builds excellent batteries, I have one made from p26a in my Onewheel XR and it is ace.
The stock one was nowhere near as well built.

5 Likes

Also Lee Rad in the UK

2 Likes

Lee is a great guy but shipping batteries from the UK isn’t technically possible. It’s been done but can turn up a whole heap of problems, more so after they left the European Union.

3 Likes

Good to know, will keep that in mind

1 Like