Widening wheel hubs

That might work for trampa trucks, but the Matrix2 shaft is way shorter. Even without bearing the hole would hit the hanger.
Ok if it would hang over the shaft outside facing that would work. Not sure if it’s possible to tighten the nut than thou

Megastars are available in 8 and 9, with and without offset. The offset versions allow more space for bigger motors.

2 Likes

Yeah, but they also not the cheapest and for people who already have superstar hubs that would be a good option.

By the way, @Trampa when you think your plastic 9“ hubs will be available for sale?

3 Likes

I only order the outer alloy rims (already got stars/spokes) … a tiny little bit cheaper ^^ haha

Edit : @Pedrodemio, I will take photo today :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for this. Any chance you know how much offset do the offset megastars have?

Also are the 9" ones the same width as the 8" ones?

Is this wide enough for you guys?

23 Likes

Perfect. When are they available? :grin:

2 Likes

That would be a huge block of aluminum they would need to be cncd out off :joy::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Save money, make from pom. Lol

3 Likes

Urgh just imagine the length of cutter you would need to mill that.

3 Likes

Please call them

The Moon Chonker Hubs

6 Likes

That image was a joke btw. Would be cool to have some custom hubs on the prototipo though

3 Likes

Thank goodness. It looks like a pepper mill. Shoot for the moon moon

2 Likes

@pixelsilva 52 mm, the maximum for Trampa trucks, maybe we can squeeze one or two mm more

@malJohann good point, what hold now is the screw, but I could incorporate a support in the spacer to center everything, only testing will tell

@moon there is no going back, we demand that hub, and make it for 11” tires

By the way, if someone wants to play with it just let me now and I send the files, not responsible for possible face plants :smiley:

3 Likes

Double that please and sign me up.

3 Likes

Spring time hopefully. Moulds need to be carved, samples made, production run, shipping. It takes time…

1 Like

Sorry no time to mount them, got the deck somewhere, trucks still in their packaging… but I put a 9" megastar rim on it ^^

from Berg, 8" Primo Stricker, 9" PS, 10" and 11" :

Tell me if you need more (for pics mounted, maybe refer to Andys ice Crusher build :wink: same sizing, just the pattern that change)

10 Likes

Wow… my 8" wheels look dinky now lol

4 Likes

lol, I was playing at the same joke … a bit late ^^

7 Likes

I saw your picture and thought how did he Photoshop my hub like that :rofl:

2 Likes