Widening wheel hubs

Only Trampa ATB or similar but not MBS Matrix II

I quote myself from my thread for more info about Trampa vs. MBS Matrix II

4 Likes

That’s pretty dope! How did you do that?

1 Like

Its on, for me I have to first finish my small board or my ebike , them tear down the hummie build for the battery, vescs and motors

1 Like

I tough it was you :sweat_smile: sorry … it a french esk8r :

airless berg on hub motors !

Edit: will link it tomorow if find it, now I have to go :grimacing::zzz:

8 Likes

Its all custom on the hubs?

And found them cheaper, buy two pieces max at a time or the shipping sky rocket

2 Likes

Stretched 155x50, stretched 6x2, stretched 5x1 have not tested the 5x1
155x50 has a nice short sidewall and tread flattens the best of all pnumatic
Very soft and grippy at 60a

18 Likes

Welp, 2020 looks to be the year of grip and fat ass back ends.

11 Likes

How wide are we going again?!

1 Like

Whats the distance from outer bearing to outer bearing? Whats the minimum axle lenght (minus the treaded part) necessary to mount this hub adaptation?

1 Like

Thinking about this a bit more, the outer hoop loses its support (the spokes). Surely this is a concern? Would it only be a recommended mod for Megastars, since the hoop is aluminium?

3 Likes

I thought it was still connected sorta via the bolts, the spokes are just directly behind the hub rather than located inside

Possibly somebody could model the spokes too for the spacer and the original can stay in the hub?

1 Like

Potentially, but I wouldn’t necessarily go jumping with them.

1 Like

I would. For science.

8 Likes

With it you will need than more space on the truck as well.

1 Like

Not if it doesn’t carry a bearing.

That might work for trampa trucks, but the Matrix2 shaft is way shorter. Even without bearing the hole would hit the hanger.
Ok if it would hang over the shaft outside facing that would work. Not sure if it’s possible to tighten the nut than thou

Megastars are available in 8 and 9, with and without offset. The offset versions allow more space for bigger motors.

2 Likes

Yeah, but they also not the cheapest and for people who already have superstar hubs that would be a good option.

By the way, @Trampa when you think your plastic 9“ hubs will be available for sale?

3 Likes

I only order the outer alloy rims (already got stars/spokes) … a tiny little bit cheaper ^^ haha

Edit : @Pedrodemio, I will take photo today :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for this. Any chance you know how much offset do the offset megastars have?

Also are the 9" ones the same width as the 8" ones?