Why you should want Hummie Hubs and how to get them

Why does he get to and I never get a shot at your crusty porthole? Miffed.

8 Likes

We like to keep you clean Bill…

5 Likes

Sold, getting a second set of these bitches.

3 Likes

Awesome. Glad to hear. @monkey32 ive known you maybe longer than almost any of these folks I think and you got the original motors like 3 years ago? The goal is still so far away. We’re on pace to JUST make it maybe

I’ll be making the future price for tires and centrax as low as possible for people who bought them. Like 40$ for all four.
Also willing to do custom kv no charge

5 Likes

Buy cheap buy twice!
I have the e-lofty and they are still working but one motor already sounds different from the other and that´s about after 150mi on them.
Keep in mind that the e-lofty hanger is really wide, 340mm with 100mm wheels. Hummies 83mm size wheels is just the perfect size for small commuters in my book!
The TBDD´s also serves a different purpose and are therefore hard to compare.

2 Likes

At 300km now, Mine is making some sound, but is spinning freely and winding resistance is also what it should be. So :man_shrugging: Using it, until I can’t. Would be happy if I get 2000km out of them.

1 Like

I hope for 2000km too!
Weather is really hot here and I am pushing the limits of the e-lofty´s I guess.
@hummieee I read that the new iteration of your motors will be sealed, how much of water resistance will give that to your Motors? Do you thinks it´s fine to go through puddles and ride in light rain?
I am a bit concerned giving blank lifetime warranty will create a huge hassle for you. I feel it would be fair to protect yourself from wrong usage! A moderate service fee for when I fucked up your motors seems sustainable for me.

2 Likes

I hundred % agree with this. It just seems like a promise you can’t keep, or will go broke trying to keep.

2 Likes

Just curious @hummieee why are the tires not the same green as the ABEC11 Centrax?

These look awesome :grinning:

yes i shouldnt do a lifetime warranty that’s what i hear. at least @evoheyax likes it.

can make them run underwater no problem. even if they weren’t sealed that would be ok if all the connections are well insulated. the magnet wire is all insulated.

lifetime warranty. it lasts as long as the motors.

ive been run over a couple times. not my body and just the board. even the tires are good. scuffed up. at worst you would badly damage a bearing. @b264 i haven’t tried to get the tires made in the green. that might be an option. I did see if i can get the centrax in grey! it would have to be a very big order beyond what i can do

2 Likes

So the Magnets are insulated by Epoxy and won´t rust?

the magnets are plated. you could scratch a magnet badly with debris and the inside of the magnet can corrode or fall apart somehow to a powder, if the motor is open. theres epoxy holding the magnets. dare i say the best fucking epoxy for high temp in the world. Permabond es550 and you ask any glue guy if they have something better…i don’t think so.

3 Likes

@hummieee I’m a bit off topic but maybe you have the answer as you’re basically the hub lord. Do you know if anything was created to replace tires on koowheel 1st gen hubs?
Those hubs have seen the worst in me and are still running after years of abuse. But the tires show it.
Also, if I were to open the hummies for whatever reason (example:cleaning) and fuck something up, does the warranty still cover my stupidity?

yea covered. im assuming people don’t want to go through the hassle of sending them back and paying the shipping and have the motor’s interest at heart. it would be pretty hard to mess them up even opened though.
hub lord.hhaha. but can I get it together enough to keep going…will you help…

I don’t know if there were any replacements for those motors around. if you have the motors around we should switch boards and see what you think

Would love to have hummie hubs… you have everything to go with em. Performance, efficiency, support, even a badass warranty. But the budget keeper in my house just told me I’m crazy… so gotta try to keep my koowheels alive somehow

2 Likes

The budget keeper in my house is the only reason I’m not in on this buy yet.

YET.

6 Likes

don’t let them keep you down. rise up. save up. and I can sell you tires 20 years from now when you’ve then hooked the motors on a walker or something

10 Likes

I’ve made a habit of keeping an Our account and My account. Very open about it with interested parties but … The best laid schemes o’ mice an’ men and whatnot, also allows me to jump on great things when I sees them.

3 Likes

The answer to life, the universe, and everything. 42. The amount of days you have left to get in on this. It’d have to be SOME miracle if I were to make it.

2 Likes

Quoting myself because post 42.