Why does everyone go gaga for FOCboxes?

I guess you are new here?

1 Like

You… noob… :wink:

5 Likes

There are thousands of FoxcBox’s in the wild, most likely more than every other VESC or VESC derivative combined. The reason for that is they are dependable, a great form factor, repetitively inexpensive (compared to other VESC’s of the same caliber), prolific and easy to repair. I honestly do not understand why Enertion quit making them, for me, they are better than a Unity, and pretty much every other option available.

3 Likes

Makes me wonder. If enertion came back to us with focboxes, would you buy from them or have they burnt the bridge with the unity issues?

2 Likes

I never purchased a Unity. For the cost, it is not worth risk that x2 ESC’s plus AS switch integration create. That’s just me, not saying the concept is flawed, just that I don’t like it.

Since I never bought a Unity, I don’t have the save issue that so many other have, other than in abstract. So yes, if Enertion started selling FocBox’s again I would definitely buy them.

8 Likes

I got into the DIY game just as they were being phased out for the unity. What was the retail pricing on them? Was the availability better than what the unity is now?

2 Likes

$150 ish, you could typically get them in a few weeks

2 Likes

Also, on the horizon from Torqueboards:

13 Likes

With this, the decks and his AT wheels, Dexter will be building a champagne room in his house soon.

10 Likes

From what I saw (no personal experience) that warranty wasn’t worth much anyways.

• My two focboxes are still running with no issues 2+ years and counting.
3 Likes

has TB mentioned a price range for their VESC6?

1 Like

Yeah… where’s that tb fanboi?
He started a thread that mentioned prices.
Let me find it

5 Likes

It’s in here somewhere

3 Likes

Soon… hopefully. Waiting on hopefully last iteration of samples and will do some final testing. Taken way too long :sob:

6 Likes

Anddddd he’s got a new title.

8 Likes

yea you newbie

jk i ment @whaddys

@trampa So when are you announcing the new controllers? :wink: Do I have to spoil everything? :open_mouth:

1 Like

:arrow_up: this, times ten. They may have fared much better had they not discontinued them.

Except I do understand why they quit making them, they quit because two reasons

1. that company works only in “preorder batches” (risk is on the customer, not the vendor) and do not keep inventory in-stock and could not afford to do Unity and FOCBOX 1.7 “batches” but only one or the other
  2. Jason correctly thought that FOCBOX 1.7 would eat into and slow uptake of FOCBOX Unity orders
8 Likes

I would buy absolutely nothing from enertion except single-motor FOCBOXes, and only at $125 or less.

7 Likes