Why does everyone go gaga for FOCboxes?

Also, on the horizon from Torqueboards:

13 Likes

With this, the decks and his AT wheels, Dexter will be building a champagne room in his house soon.

10 Likes

From what I saw (no personal experience) that warranty wasn’t worth much anyways.

• My two focboxes are still running with no issues 2+ years and counting.
3 Likes

has TB mentioned a price range for their VESC6?

1 Like

Yeah… where’s that tb fanboi?
He started a thread that mentioned prices.
Let me find it

5 Likes

It’s in here somewhere

3 Likes

Soon… hopefully. Waiting on hopefully last iteration of samples and will do some final testing. Taken way too long :sob:

6 Likes

Anddddd he’s got a new title.

8 Likes

yea you newbie

jk i ment @whaddys

@trampa So when are you announcing the new controllers? :wink: Do I have to spoil everything? :open_mouth:

1 Like

:arrow_up: this, times ten. They may have fared much better had they not discontinued them.

Except I do understand why they quit making them, they quit because two reasons

1. that company works only in “preorder batches” (risk is on the customer, not the vendor) and do not keep inventory in-stock and could not afford to do Unity and FOCBOX 1.7 “batches” but only one or the other
  2. Jason correctly thought that FOCBOX 1.7 would eat into and slow uptake of FOCBOX Unity orders
8 Likes

I would buy absolutely nothing from enertion except single-motor FOCBOXes, and only at $125 or less.

7 Likes

So you would take the “unity risks and delivery problems” if they were back at it again with the white Van’s…I mean black focboxes?

1 Like

Yes I would but only for 2 pieces at a time, maybe more upon delivery. And only because the FOCBOX 1.7 was an amazing product. But they would never have more than two controllers worth of my money before the products were delivered, and I’d treat that as gambling expenses. “If you can’t lose it, don’t risk it”

4 Likes

Never had a FOCBOX and probably never will ~ but I salute the quality of the damn thing.

@Trampa if you’re able to pull a tiny super powered VESC6 what have you been up to until now? I mean why the square 60x60ish footprint? (That’s my rough way of saying that I believe there’s a market for it)

1 Like

And I can dig that, from a business standpoint. I would further argue that 60 ddays in it was obviouse that the Unity as not ever going to sell in the numbers that the FocBox did, so manufacturing times would be longer (instead of shorter) because smaller numbers lead to a lower priority for manufacturers, in turn creating demand problems.

I personally would have kept the FocBox and bumped the price on the Unity 20-30% and called it a day, at least after 60 days .

That being said, we can armchair quarterback all we want. I am sure there are decision criteria here that we know nothing about.

6 Likes

why are you calling me a nOOb?

FOCBOX for sale.

$126

4 Likes

So it seems there’s multiple version of the FOCbox then? Is 1.7 the last one they released? How is it different than other iterations?

1 Like

It started as the VESC - X looked kinda different

Then there was the 1.6 version looked like 1.7 but different somehow

And finally 1.7
I have no idea what I’m talking about :upside_down_face:

3 Likes