Whooshboards motor mounts, truck, pulleys +++

Ok, what do you guys think, I am planning on stocking up on these caliber mounts:

• length= 134mm

• C-C distance 70-78mm

• 6.9mm thickness all over

• 63mm mounting pattern

• Crossbars

• Optional idler(s)

• Two piece clamp with nylon lock nuts

Blasted and anodized, 7075-T6 alu.

Surface finish will be like this:

11 Likes

Based on the overwhelming response, I think I should stock a total of 3 sets :joy: maybe the esk8 caliber clamp era is over. Time for something new.

On a serious note, these will of course be compatible with the Sr tkp clamps as well.

5 Likes

It’s not over, but the market is flooded.

Want to know which market is really light? Riser lights. As far as I know, only Metroboard sells them, and only if you know about it and ask.

5 Likes

I guess you are right. I kind of hate those lights because they are so thick. I like my trucks as close to the deck as possible.

Few people are choosing calibers over stronger options nowadays, and those other options usually have mounts by the same vendor, be it 3dservisas, boardnamics, torqueboards, etc.

For the record your mounts are superior to theirs, but ofc the price is higher too.

Just make some trucks that are better than the rest, and the demand will come :slight_smile:

(Or innovate with the outwards facing motor idea I shared! )

1 Like

You were going to share that outward facing motor solution with us. Have you made it now? Think I have seen it on the old forum once, with stand off screws between mount and motor.

Not yet, the standoffs I need are still somewhere in the mail, and I don’t have any ESCs at the moment :frowning:

Would definitely work with a custom mount tho:

2 Likes

Or use a super low Kv motor and put the pulley teeth on the motor can itself

That just sounds like direct drive with extra steps :stuck_out_tongue:

(By which I mean, the same problems as direct drive (heat), without any benefits other than clearance, although debatable)

Just use a torque tripling clutch then

LOL just kidding, that’s not a real thing

Just checked your shop will you make any more of the 80mm adjustable mounts ?

I’m making 74mm c-c for caliber, TB218, fatboy and reverse mounting on Sr tkp. These will replace current 80mm ones. Then 100mm version spacially for rearward mounts. @Bboy235 Will that work for you or is there something about the 80mm you need?

2 Likes

What dimension is this?

74 center to center ±4mm adjustability. On paper 80 vs 74cc might seem insignificant, but together with the tweaks done it gives significant more clearance towards both deck and battery enclosure:

4 Likes

Any news on when the things you’re working on will be available? I now have a belt driven board to build, and don’t want to buy any other mounts :eyes:

Thanks for the support @rusins, your positive attitude is very much appreciated :+1: I expect to have new stock in 3 weeks. I understand if that is too long time to wait :slightly_smiling_face: What trucks will you be using for that build?

1 Like

Yours, if they’re available :smiley: Otherwise e-calibers; it’s for my little brother, who won’t be going fast. 3 weeks is good; need him to learn to ride analogue first.

1 Like

These bend, don’t use them. Use BN184 instead, they are a thousand times better

Even Caliber2 with axle lengthening modifications is way better (albeit slightly shorter) then CaliberE

If I could get BN184 I would, but I also already own some e-calibers, so I’m just keeping my expenses low.

1 Like

Trucks will not be available by that time, but I will make sure your brother gets the mounts as soon as they are available. Always great to learn analogue first. Often I find myself preferring the simplicity of just going out pushing around after a busy day

1 Like