Which motor to chose

Are 3 links that light?

no hanger castings, almost no base plates… I don’t have a comparable set (unmounted) to weigh, but yes they are lighter, the heaviest piece is the massive center heim and two steel urethane adjusters… cut down (off) the unused portion of the heim not used for ride height adjustment and fab the two nuts out of ally and add a precision washer and you could easily make them even lighter…

Would it be lighter to run wheels and small motors, or just Unlimited hubs?

i know not of which you speak

Jed hubs, or are they still NeoHubs?

fuck hubs… they ride like shit…

but I’d imagine the aforementioned hubs would be lighter than direct drive and definitely lighter than belts…

I’d be curious to know what the racerstars weigh but I believe (anecdotal) dual racerstars on 3-links with open gears would be the lightest, and would probably rival a single 6380 on belts and a traditional hanger

0.48 kg a pop

1 Like

@b264 should the motor be toe side or heel side? I’ve got mine heel side (board right and I ride goofy)

for a single rear drive… heel-side is recommended

1 Like

Welp…I guess it’s gonna have shitty brakes forever

Why do I feel the insatiable urge to get Skyart’s Racerstars and put them on my Bergs, I need help

yeah what @kook said

for single drive, rear heelside

3 Likes

Anybody tried those small diameter but long motors? I don’t remember if it was 50100 or something like that. The ones deckoz was planning to use on the potato with short RKP and small wheels.

1 Like
1 Like

Yeah those they look nice I am going to read that thread again thanks

1 Like

My problem is that I geared the board for 270kv, and changing to a 6374 with around 190kv would force me to change to a 18t or 20t pulley, which could be quite problematic. Unless any of you have seen 6374 270kv motors (the highest I’ve seen is like 200kv)?

1 Like

Just curious, What esc and voltage are using 270kv motors with?

Why is that problematic? Increasing the motor pulley size isn’t an issue. Decreasing it is an issue.

It’s mostly shipping time tbh, and mostly just an inconvenience.

I’ll be using 6s, because I already have a 6s charger from another board, and speed is not really my concern.

1 Like