5095 Motors Thread

Got a couple PMs about it now so I will make a thread so people can chat about it

Ill get a pictures later but there is a support bearing on the outside just like MT 6880s

@Sn4Pz

14 Likes

They sound pretty nice btw.

6 Likes

Can we get a clip :weary:

1 Like

Tomorrow, its 2am here :joy:

1 Like

Oh jeez :sob:

Thank you for this :+1::+1:

1 Like

That resistance looks pretty good compared to 40 mOhms on 5055’s

What Kv are they?

4 Likes

190kv according to the factory.

5 Likes

Can we get a close up of the but and the shaft?

What is that step on the front intended for?

1 Like

Ill get a pictures later but there is a support bearing on the outside just like MT 6880s

14 Likes

This is russlin’ my 4wd mtb jimmies.

8 Likes

Is the shaft held from slipping inside the rotor (can) with grub screws?

3 Likes

Keep it clean please there are children here. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Genuine noobish question, why would you want this over something like a TB 6355 which appears to have equivalent torque output? I’m mainly focusing on the difference between form factor, not price.

4 Likes

more clearance as smaller diameter.

5 Likes

People who would want this would mainly focus on form factor. You can always get equivalent torque moving up in size but same torque at a smaller size is hard to get.

With a smaller size, you’d get greater clearance.

5 Likes

One major advantage is that this motor has a support bearing. That means the can is supported on both ends. Regular 6355 (and 5055, 5065, and 6374 except the SK3 and SK8) motors have cans that are supported only by the shaft on the butt end - and thus they’re much more susceptible to being damaged by impact or heavy vibration due to the leverage applied to that single connection point.

It’s also smaller in diameter which can allow it to be tucked away into smaller spaces closer to the wheel/truck than a 63xx motor, allowing more stealthy or compact drivetrains, and/or smaller wheels/pulleys/gears.

6 Likes

been thinking these would be good on 4wd for a while now.

The smaller center distance between the shaft and the wheel could allow for a far smaller gear drive, more clearence and more compact. plus in 4wd configuration this would be plenty of torque. The big end bearing is also a big selling point for me keeping the long motor bell running true and keeping all the shit out.

if only they were easier to buy

4 Likes

What’s did they work out a unit?

With shipping like that I’d be open to any group buys :wink:

2 Likes

Benjamin Vedder told me a long time ago that the FOC calculates the resistance of one phase of the motor (from one lead to the center of the motor), meaning the actual resistance from lead to lead (and the inductance) is double what the FOC detection says. In this case, 26.1 milliohms is 0.0261ohms (one phase) or 0.0522 (two phase / lead to lead). It’s most likely still the case, so if you use 60a motor current limit in BLDC the heating at that current works out to:

60a^2 * 0.0522ohm = 187.9w ohmic heating

8 Likes