WheelEEZ Fosterqc projectie'z Balloon Beach Wheels Sand Skateboard

My bad for not keeping the hub prototyping process moving, I really need to learn more about printing and hub design for such. I also wanted to find a way to use the SRB wheel hubs or something like that, as an option.

Oh yeah a much simpler option also being to make custom axle adapters from 8/10mm to 1/2 like they use. then you just need an adapter for their hub bolt pattern to pulley or gearbox. That adapter also allowing you to extend the width as needed for the wheeeeelz

Same gear I am using

Ooooh did you do anything with this?

1 Like

I still just have the printed hub files that I designed, but I lack the printer/fillment to properly print the hubs in order to see if they really work out.

I definitely should try to find some motivation to buy those plastic hubs that they sell for the wheeleez and get the relatively simple bearing adapter sorted out. I’m guessing that they’re bearing distance is a little bit much for pretty much all of the trucks that we use, so custom trucks for this use case is relatively likely if those hubs are used.

If you want to ride them i could help you out?

1 Like

That would be awesome I’ll pull the files up

1 Like

23ch wheeleez with hub and pulley.STEP (4.2 MB)
ok lmk how this looks.

might be confusing because there is both a split hub and a single piece hub in that model.

why the hell is it named 23ch??? hmmmmmmm

any why cant I remember the last file someone asked me for earlier this week.

1 Like

Ill check it out!

1 Like

wait, you wanted to run chains on it?

1 Like

I could work with this, though it would be nice to get some more info. ive been tinkering with it for a small bit.

1 Like

that 6 hole bolt pattern I used has a bunch of belt and chain drive options from robotics suppliers, so that is why I wanted to use it.

Feel free to ask away.

also I modeled it for 22mm od bearings because thats what I had onhand but 28mm od would save a lot of print time.

The problems I saw with my current hub are that I didn’t want to put locating/interlocking features into the hub to make it as simple to print as possible. Then in order to make the super wide wheel fit on I offset it quite a bit like 20mm, that made the split hub wobble quite a bit under load. That also could be due to non press fit bearing clearances. I think precise bearing seats would be easier to print with 28mm od bearings.

So if I’m going to print a new one it would be a single part hub, with 28mm bearings. That I think could be ridable and not feel crappy.

1 Like

Also the thing that should really be created here, hubs for the larger 12in wheeleez hasn’t been done yet. Those hubs would be a pretty significant print given the diameter. So for them maybe buying and adapting the stock hubs is extra advantageous.

A 12in wheel is possibly too large to use with a single cots gear drive reduction, needing a custom chain or belt setup.

1 Like

I think the problem is that you put your bearing seats on two different parts yeah, that could lead to wobble.

see I modeled most of it in a single part, to check bearing bores and width easily without cleaning I then split the hub.

The pulley as well should bolt directly to the hub not using a spacer. Then if it uses 28mm od bearings I would feel safer using only two.

1 Like

That’s downright ridiculous.

I need some of those on a 30" shortboard. Front & back wheels would just about touch one another, eh?

2 Likes

if you used the 12in/30cm or larger ones yet just about. I am sure you could make some high steering angle board where they could touch at full lean.

2 Likes

to get that shortboard feel I think the TLT design is more ideal. Given the weight using 3 is quite desirable.

1 Like

I forgot about lean. Yeah on a 15" wheelbase I bet you could 100% start getting some wheel-to-wheel-bite with 12" tires.

And probably fall off the board about 17 times before you figured out how to ride it.

1 Like

Kneeboarding ftw

while I am throwing out non-skateboard like board designs that would possibly be a good fit for these wheels.

CURVA Board. Rocker and Edge Pneumatic wheeled unique board

bonus is like on the TLT board you could use a single motor setup. thats one less motor to service from salt exposure and one less esc at risk.