WheelEEZ Fosterqc projectie'z Balloon Beach Wheels Sand Skateboard

Ill check it out!

1 Like

wait, you wanted to run chains on it?

1 Like

I could work with this, though it would be nice to get some more info. ive been tinkering with it for a small bit.

1 Like

that 6 hole bolt pattern I used has a bunch of belt and chain drive options from robotics suppliers, so that is why I wanted to use it.

Feel free to ask away.

also I modeled it for 22mm od bearings because thats what I had onhand but 28mm od would save a lot of print time.

The problems I saw with my current hub are that I didnā€™t want to put locating/interlocking features into the hub to make it as simple to print as possible. Then in order to make the super wide wheel fit on I offset it quite a bit like 20mm, that made the split hub wobble quite a bit under load. That also could be due to non press fit bearing clearances. I think precise bearing seats would be easier to print with 28mm od bearings.

So if Iā€™m going to print a new one it would be a single part hub, with 28mm bearings. That I think could be ridable and not feel crappy.

1 Like

Also the thing that should really be created here, hubs for the larger 12in wheeleez hasnā€™t been done yet. Those hubs would be a pretty significant print given the diameter. So for them maybe buying and adapting the stock hubs is extra advantageous.

A 12in wheel is possibly too large to use with a single cots gear drive reduction, needing a custom chain or belt setup.

1 Like

I think the problem is that you put your bearing seats on two different parts yeah, that could lead to wobble.

see I modeled most of it in a single part, to check bearing bores and width easily without cleaning I then split the hub.

The pulley as well should bolt directly to the hub not using a spacer. Then if it uses 28mm od bearings I would feel safer using only two.

1 Like

Thatā€™s downright ridiculous.

I need some of those on a 30" shortboard. Front & back wheels would just about touch one another, eh?

2 Likes

if you used the 12in/30cm or larger ones yet just about. I am sure you could make some high steering angle board where they could touch at full lean.

2 Likes

to get that shortboard feel I think the TLT design is more ideal. Given the weight using 3 is quite desirable.

1 Like

I forgot about lean. Yeah on a 15" wheelbase I bet you could 100% start getting some wheel-to-wheel-bite with 12" tires.

And probably fall off the board about 17 times before you figured out how to ride it.

1 Like

Kneeboarding ftw

while I am throwing out non-skateboard like board designs that would possibly be a good fit for these wheels.

CURVA Board. Rocker and Edge Pneumatic wheeled unique board

bonus is like on the TLT board you could use a single motor setup. thats one less motor to service from salt exposure and one less esc at risk.