Wheel Guard Ideas

Sexy! Thank you!

1 Like

Which MBS trucks?

I’m away from home for a week or so, will do as soon as possible

Great idea… I use to have to wear black pants or darker pants during rainy season when I use to commute.

1 Like

Get some tear off pants to go ontop for rides, pull up with a skateboard on your shoulder and your pants on the other

Shoe-umbrellas

6 Likes

Maybe @haggyboard.timo can advise

1 Like

A slightly updated design:

5 Likes

Regarding the Kahua truck adapter, i’m not sure how slippage will be but you can try a 12mm hole since the truck has a 12mm axle stepped down to 8mm.

3 Likes

Soon my friend. Soon we are able to drive legally!

1 Like

matrix II please…

2 Likes

I’ve printed the 200x50 model and I have to say it’s really nice :+1: good job

Are you able to share the cad file?

I would like to see if I can make a minor improvement. The first layers exceed the 45 degree overhang.
I would like to avoid using supports.

and

Make a adjusted model for the rear truck with gearbox installed.

5 Likes

@sebaszz https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y_uKF6wh9uliK7vPzhwE6bDFjBIyAp0j
Let me know if you need anything else.

Make sure for the final print to print it solid. Otherwise it is guaranteed to break from vibrations.

BTW, can you give me the dimension of the cross section of the mbs trucks.

2 Likes

thanks!

I will put some time into this next week and share the results

Tommorow I can share the dimensions

@LR-designs, just saw your pic on “no words” and remembered that you have made some awesome wheel guards too. Do you have a link for them? I’ll put in on the top of the post. And maybe post a few pics here for the people here.

I may have designed a suitable adapter.

Used the mesh section of this stl file

Will make a test print to see if it works

1 Like

@sebaszz, did it work out?

the wheel guard design is great! adapter I made is ok, would like to make some improvements.

I made a design for the rear. Printer first need to finish some other prints. expect to show and the release the files next week

9 Likes

Looks great! What material did you use for 3d printing? The vibrations will break it for sure, unless you cost it with epoxy. I never updated this particular model. Basically the guard needs to be thicker for about 45mm from the axle.

But as you use it, you will see where it fails and update it accordingly. Also I think you have printed with infill. Mine were printed solid in PETG. Going forward I’ll print them in nylon if I can.

1 Like

this is just test fitting so printed in PLA. I assumed already it needs to be thicker towards the center.

currently little bit playing with the design. Would like to see if I can male the design little more “agressive” for the MTB.

thanx again for sharing your design and knowledge :+1:

3 Likes