Wheel comparison thread!

That’s super-informative you win my helpful nerlinger o’ the day award, thank you my friend.

So…I just need to spend $107 & I have thane that feels at home on country roads :thinking:

3 Likes

What wheels have you used previously and how does it compare to the ones you’ve used previously?

Thanks for the pointers mate :+1:

3 Likes

Rumours are that it’s a new bigger wheel. But when? How big? How much? I Don’t know.

2 Likes

If it’s something that’s >90mm with improved happy thane then that’s something…

1 Like

Happy Thane’s not happy enough - too chunkable at the moment.

Haha that made my day.
I be happy for a bigger happy Thane wheel. My Caguamas are not damaged im am a Lucky rider i guess.

This is the most damaged one.

3 Likes

After how many miles?

I really don’t know.
Almost daily for 5 ish mounts.
On fine asphalt.

1 Like

Lots of people use Caguamas, I find the blues to be most comforting where as the purples may be a bit too hard for some. If you’re looking for a smooth soft ride then go with the blues

1 Like

For what reason should people by small soft wheels instead of larger soft wheels? I get the point of small hard wheels, but I can’t imagine a reason for small soft wheels except for style or wheel bite on small decks/narrow trucks.

You just named all the reasons + they are lighter. Also, sometimes you can’t find the right pulley for your gear ratio, so smaller wheels are a way to get more acceleration.

5 Likes

Hey, it’s the least I can do. Without you, I would have never had the balls or calculations to shave my nuts so short, so I could fit 5 stars on my E-Toxx gear drives. :blush: :metal:t3:

5 Likes

I read that build thread by @magharees recently and it looked like a painful experience

PTSD I still shudder, good man @Mobutusan

2 Likes

ABEC 107s black feels better on nice smooth road than foamies. Although the foamies are not broken in so time will tell I guess.

I’m very glad I had AWD burnouts to clean all my wheels of dog/deer shit

2 Likes

Is there a clear difference between the TB110 78A Black and 74A Blue? :shushing_face: :thinking:
I’m currently riding the 78A, but I would like to hear the opinions of those who rode both.

2 Likes

But I would consider waiting for the 72A TB110s. I think they are even better and you will without a doubt be able to tell the difference.

5 Likes

Thank you for your advice!!! :raised_hands:
Apparently, I need to save up money for new wheels…

2 Likes

When’s the release date on the 72a?

1 Like

That I’m not sure. Especially given the state of everything right now I’m sure things are pretty iffy. Best bet would ask @torqueboards ???

2 Likes