Wheel comparison thread!

Mine was ok all the way until this morning where it chunked :laughing: but probably due to the route that I took today has a section where there’s plenty of loose gravel :-1:

Yea that’s the downside of the blue cags, too soft…
拉上补下,没有完美的轮子 :frowning_face:

1 Like

It is rounded off at the edge… not as rounded as the neohub wheels but they are definitely chamfered off

1 Like

It’s not the softness but the happy thane formula - not perfected enough. Everyone has moved onto the unchunkable TB110 74As and those are way softer than Caguama wheels.

I’ve sold off my brand new cags after realizing 85mm dia is too small. And the guy i sold it to already had blue cags, but wanted a backup set because he knew their inherent chunk-a-lot issues

Yes is done by CNC lathe not in mould. Because is cut at edge is make weaker.

2 Likes

I’m so so close to getting it lol but the shipping and the price itself is crazy for me to ship it back to Malaysia :frowning_face:

Another rider in my group had gotten his hands on a set and man they do look really really nice :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

This HAS to go here :

8 Likes

Wow that looks awesome.

Hot glue and multiple stage dyes i assume? I’d like to give this a shot

3 Likes

Think it’s inherent? As in must cast your own wheels?

Nah, looks more like its dyed with already cast white wheels. The hot glue sprayed on top prevents dye from penetrating, and just have to repeat that if you plan to dye with multiple colors, that’s my guess

2 Likes

haha, I see something cookin’

@mahyar

2 Likes

Noyce, blue semen!

4 Likes

Just do it dude! lol Do it… BUY ME NOW! lol

2 Likes

Has anyone used the 85mm Caguama and 80mm Kegel on their board before?

Does the 5mm makes a huge difference in terms of ride quality?

1 Like

Every bit of extra clearance makes a difference when you don’t have much of it. 85 is already pretty small, imo.
As far as actual ride quality, it’s a toss up between the two if they are the same duro.

Don’t do it! If you’re happy with your blue cags, these will be worse. Look towards these :slight_smile:

Which I’ll have to consider if I can never get my Revel 74As again.

2 Likes

just got the pepes, love them.

Doing the longest manuals I ever have, walked my dog like 10 miles this week

possibly unrelated but i like em and torque going back down to 90mm will be great. Kinda going for max torque, maybe the smol Boa’s would be a good choice for that.

1 Like

I’m currently riding the 90mm boosted clones with supposedly have a softer duro and wider contact patch than the 90mm boas. Nothing really to complain about except if I’m nitpicking I wish they had rounded edges as I can feel the hard edge catch on street paint sometimes.

2 Likes

That’s true, I’ve ridden bigger thane wheels and the clearance is something I concern about :sob: don’t have the best road here :cry:

The problem with trying other wheels is always the shipping…shipping is almost more expensive than the wheels itself :sweat_smile:

Used that wheels for the longest time on my Foosted, never had it chipped and chunk which is very surprising for me :flushed: If my blue cags chunk more then I will probably go back to the 90mm boosted clones as that is the best deal on wheels I can get :+1:

2 Likes

80mm kegels love to “stick” to the road, so on bad roads you really feel the vibrations. Caguamas “glide across”, so definitely feel better. Only go for the kegels if you need that grip on tight turns / have good roads and want a lighter wheel.

2 Likes

Anyone actually used the 97mm Lazy Rolling glow wheels? I have a set and 97mm might make more sense than 107 ABEC for lowride and no wheelbite on a deck which would not be suitable for big bouncies.

I searched like a mofo but cannot determine whether to Xenophobically cock s snoot at the thane origin or feel because there is nothing out there besides they look cool. My guess is China thane and meh feel I think I saw a fairly unused set up for sale by @Lee_Wright but not sure the review mentioned feel, Lee?

I mean, I watched a video of someone from LR take a tyre iron to the glow coating…ok thats moderately interesting and somewhat related to paint drying but more importantly are my teeth going to rattle out?

Am I going to see the board sail off into the sunset if the ground is wet?

These are the burning questions, where are the answers?

1 Like