What's wrong with this motor?

That truly sucks :frowning: , I always had in mind that Maytech’s are one of the finest motor in our hobby. But I get to realize I’m wrong. @hummieee if shipping costs will be reasonable, going back and forth, do u want to check this motor ?

Thinking about it …if u can get the stator off the bearing tube and strip it and send it I could do it I can’t vacuum in epoxy unless u get the stator off. I think u shouldn’t bother taking the stator off and bake it to soften epoxy, strip wire, rewind it with stator attached, and then … … I forget the term people are using but glue the windings without vacuuming in the resin.

3 Likes

Cool.
Well, let’s see what response if ever will I get from Maytech regarding this incident and we’ll see !
Thanks a lot !

if you send both to me i’ll re\wind the bad one and test them both. then you glue the windings down when I send them back. ifyoure local.

1 Like

This might be a long shot, but how are you actually controlling both motors? I know you said you tried both ports and the motor acted bad on each side, but nonetheless, it might be due to how you are actually controlling them. Are you using UART? Split PPM?

Did you try a single motor a time?

I had 2 maytech motors with fault resin that never set so the windings moved around braking wires blew up 4 VESC even sent them back to street wing said that were fine. Took them apart proved it was a manufacturing fault so claimed it was past the 6 month warranty so refused to do any thing. Maytech just black you.

Options take legal action or swallow the loss.

My advise pay with a credit card and do charge back

2 Likes

PPM controls both via internal can. Of course I’ve tried single motor setup on each esc.

These are very bad news my friend, did you directly speak to them or via the re-seller only ?

Both 5cha

Thanks @hummieee , sadly I’m not local.

1 Like

Yeah I’m basically screwed at this point …