whats the best Vesc's?

I really don’t understand what’s so hard about this. People insist on starting shit and using VESC for everything. And the Frank comes over and handles it with the grace of a three legged rhinoceros. And then we get all the usual bullshit again.

Relax man. It’s just currently the hype to shit on Frank because nothing else dramatic is happen atm. We’ll have some other stuff to rip on once Jeff comes back :joy:

10 Likes

All of those are based on VESC and should provide attribution to the original source of the design.

Frank seems to think that any normal attribution is in violation of trademark. He wants a closed source project but bought an open one and is trying to strong arm it anyways.

5 Likes

Yes. Me neither. Is more munition for Frank all over. So now is up to us. We gotta start mentioning them by these names and shut down all this VESC legal trademark bullshit.

2 Likes

People just want something to argue over. I get it. I feel the same way. Sometimes you’re just bored and wanna start some shit. Trouble is that Frank always takes the bait.

I largely agree with Frank on WHAT he’s trying to achieve. I just totally disagree on the how. So public. Just hurst his brand man. And it sucks because his VESC and other Trampa gear is actually quite decent

Oh Shit here we go I see y’all keyboard warriors coming xD

1 Like

I stopped caring about all this until he decided to misuse YouTube’s reporting features just to take a shot at lee

These are so godamn shitty to begin with though.
But we’re on the same page. It’s the HOW that’s wrong.

1 Like

If it was misused, can’t @Lee_Wright appeal the strike and get it removed?

He can. But it can also be a pain in the ass. TM claims are different than fair use claims I believe.

Strikes are largely AI assigned. Appeals are human driven. It takes 10x the effort.to appeal than to strike. It’s not a great system

1 Like

I vouch for MakerX as well, I’ve got one that’s been running 8s in a 4wd build for 6 months now with no issues (DV4) and I’ve got one running in my main build that I’ve just hit around 200 miles on.

My main build has the Go-Foc retro, and it’s been running great. 12s 190kv with 80 motor amps set per side. It has warmed up to 63C on a warm day and then thermal throttled because the limit was set wrong. I don’t think that temperature is that out of the ordinary though

1 Like

Thanks this definitely helps maybe me feel a bit more comfortable, how long did your take to arrive?

All I know is the whole issue is about a V:

“Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valourous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition! The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V”

By the way… “Remember, remember the next 5th of November” :metal::wink:

1 Like

I don’t remember exactly, check out my build thread (SR-71) if you wanna see how it’s used.

I had two orders from yutw and I think they were both about the same amount of time (maybe 12-15 days?). First I got just the ESC then realized I wanted the heatsink for it so I bought that from him separately

I really want to buy Tampa it does look like it’s very well designed, it looks like it has ironed out all the bugs as it’s had quite a few hardware revisions and a good reputation, apparently there is a new dual version coming out soon so they say.

But tourqboards price is pretty competitive and sounds as though it works

I don’t need to relax, I’ve been in this community for a while now. Trampa does nothing for us other than live in the past and try and intimidate anyone he feels might be competition. The WAND is the biggest piece of Eskate trash I’ve ever used. In fact I choose a Chinese ppm Benchwheel remote over Trampa garbage any day of the week on my 3k build. I’m so happy I didn’t buy into the Trampa Hype when I got into this sport. There is a reason it’s popular to shit on frank right now, It’s because he is a giant douche and he’s showing his colors. That’s how society reacts when someone steps out of line.

4 Likes

I was told their older VESC have lasted more than 3 years. it comes with a 6 month warranty which I love. still not sure how the newer VESC 6 MKIV standup, but if similar quality components were used then they should hold up really nice. I trust Trampa not to leave me hanging should one of them blowup during the warranty period or having support problems.

the only issue i have, is they are way overpriced like 2x time, so in a way you’re pre-paying for the replacement which is limited to 6 months.

however I am leaning toward makerx Go-Foc DV6, but trying to get more real world data.

ok gone for tampa, going buy 2 min :slight_smile:
soppose if i ever sell them i will get a good price for them :slight_smile:

Meeeeh, how could you, with such cheap alternatives now available its worth taking a risk for more that a 50% saving. Ohh well, I’m shure thay will be amazing, just a bit pricey

I like how this has come down to “who can I pay the most so they will be most willing to replace my shit when I brick it with my incompetence”.

3 Likes

For the price of the Ubox you could buy a whole new set of them and still have change left over not to mention its 16s capability, i see no need for spending more on the trampa shit

3 Likes