What kind of range should I be getting.

My previous build- 12s8p, would get like 30-40 miles depending how hard I was riding. My current build 18s6p I’m lucky to get 20+ miles on a charge. What is everyone else getting. I know there are plenty of variables, but I’m just curious and thinking my mileage is pretty awful.

What motor kv and gearing are you on

138kv and 72/16

And what are your amp settings

1 Like

have you changed wheels or riding style? pneumatics eat power like nothing else

What are your tires pumped to? My raceboard seems like it’ll get like 30 miles at least, same batt size

2 Likes

Besides the battery what has changed? If nothing else then yeah that’s surprising

Are you willing to change to 18t, my input is the kv could be eating range. I bet yah got more torque than a camel

27 psi

I could try it. Would it make a noticable difference?

Oh lol that’s really low, what tires

Qing 200x75. They feel rock solid at that. I could try 28-30

Its hard for me to give you a definitive answer, one thing is try the esk8 calc and check the range with different kv/gearing

my bet is yes it would help depending on how much flat ground you cover at speed.

I don’t think the calculator does much for my matter. It currently tells me I should get 64 miles. Unless I am doing something wrong, which is also possible

I have found there is an optimal ratio for different applications of course. for instance on 7 inch tires I get worse range at the same ratio as 8 inch tires because I’m usually going fast on flat ground.

this is 12s though. you can drop the amps maybe?

what are your cells?

1 Like

I think that’s quiet low and probably costs some range as well.

1 Like

iirc Qing tyres are supposed to be inflated to 45 PSI, but check what it writes on the sidewall.

Sidewalls say 35psi. At 27 they are solid (unless my gauge is broken) idk how much higher is want to go. I rode bikes my whole life and always ran 75% of the max psi, but I also don’t know if that’s the correct way Todo things either haha.

Those tires are actual junk. I ran them for years. That’s not the cause of your range issue though. What wh/mi does your vesc report?

I’m getting over 30mi from my.18s5p

1 Like