What grinds your esk8 gears?

Love the pun…
So, what makes you sizzle to a boil, esk8 related?
Whether it be a random thing like forgetting to put loctite in a very specific place or just a stupid question or quote you keep being told like “is that a boosted?” , here’s the place to let it go.
I am creating this thread in hopes it can help atleast one person here to vent. Sometimes, the meaningless things gather up and become pretty big on the morale. Sometimes, it’s already pretty big and completely explodes. Let’s make this thread the place to go and cool off, one fist pump at a time :slight_smile:
Ps: if you have a grinded gear due to a specific member, this is not a place to spread hate. You can vent a comment or 2 about them without having to attack them directly. IE: “grinds my gears that I bought a battery that I had to get repaired 3 times”. See? No specifics and still vented out :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Fucking electrical issues.

Mechanical I can fix

17 Likes

Lil bitches that can’t stand the heat

22 Likes

What temps we talking about?

4 Likes

When you’re vesc dies and you have to spend what feels like half an eternity (like an actual week) without a board. Having to walk through campus like a normal person.

P.S. im just joking, not trying to be stuck up

14 Likes

@JoelM understandable. Just means you need a second smaller emergency build :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s called two legs. It’s all I can afford :joy:

5 Likes

Curve in decks and flex are both double edge swords in esk8 it sucks we don’t have more flexible battery options and hard to mount a bunch of cylinders onto a curve. Flex makes rides smoother and feel less road but means enclosure/battery needs to deal with it.

3 Likes

Yeah that works too. I have a thane chinese freak board that I haven’t used in months. I check it from time to time to make sure it still works and I have a second chinese esc just in case it dies on me too :grin:

1 Like

I’ve got a sick mini ripstick I could use lol

Finding enclosures to fit a deck that’s not commonly used.

16 Likes

How long it takes to get anythong worth a damn from vendors.

16 Likes

Another thing. When assholes don’t bother even looking or stopping at a stop sign and drive right in front of you. Then wave and drive away when they see you stand up with your arm covered in blood. If you don’t see me, I understand, and I always slow down and go to the side when there’s other cars. But it’s not my fault if you come from outa no where going at least 10mph over and run straight through a stop sign.

… Sorry about my little rant, that dude just pissed me off

13 Likes

Not a rant. Just a good venting comment. Hope it ended fine for ya

1 Like

Plenty of assholes and just spacey/distracted people driving around have to keep the head swiveling and be cautious around intersections hear you though sometimes people are just dicks.

2 Likes

Assembling something annoying just to realize I did some stupid step out of order and have to extra annoyingly disassemble and reassemble it.

29 Likes

No broken bones or head trauma, so I’m fine

2 Likes

Seeing peeps on the forums waiting for parts from vendors that promised 2 weeks, waiting away a whole season.

14 Likes

Oh another one. Buying a crapload of parts over time. Getting the last part in for a build, then can’t find all the crap you bought 6 months ago.

20 Likes

That exact scenario pissed me off :rofl:

3 Likes