What do we need (serious)

I was in this camp, I just couldn’t entertain the thought of a thumb remote. Then I just persevered one day and now I wonder why I was bothering with the trigger. It just clicked.

6 Likes

Extra Wide hubs with old-school jbm style and dish with flat low profile street tires.
Like.
3144df3080593aaa050c506961eae272

13 Likes

I had a thumb remote as my first remote. It was alright. I just have gotten used to my mini remote and I love it

2 Likes

It’s personal thing I know. Can’t believe how I’ve switched completely now and not looked at the sad lonely drawer full of minis!

3 Likes

We need the ossr remote to urgently come out. Swapped from a thumb to a mini and i hate it.
Vesc thats as easy as the unity. I don’t care about whats coming as nothing has been proven yet.
Additional plugin batt pack. Small pack inside. Plug batt pack for long range. Or standardization of packs/encl so they are easy swap.
Engines that last a bit longer.

3 Likes

Gear drive with motherfucking steel gears. Steel. All gears. Steel.

If you want an engineered weak link then put a motherfucking plastic 3mm key in the keyway.

14 Likes

Just like freedom, love, and life, time is nothing you can buy, you will somehow have to carve it out yourself along the way (if you can) ;-). 1, 2, 3 … the clock’s ticking … Good luck!

1 Like

It’s hard to carve something out in a one month vacation far away from any electric boards, but I will try my best when being back home :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Moar noise.:joy:
Pom itself is very hit resistant to a certain limit. But steel on the other hand is heavy af.

Still need “unplattbar” tires like schwalbe has for bikes

1 Like

Iam working on steel gears my friend, for etoxx mini 40/9 straight. THANKS FINALLY SOMEONE who is thinking the same. Production for beta starts beginn of march :). Also I think the sound will be like a race car gearbox. Njjejejennneneg

10 Likes

Slime

3 Likes

RC Car gears…

1 Like

in the 1/3 scale?

Mod1.5 Gears… They are teeny tiny and are what @moestooge aka racing god uses

1 Like

I think we need…

Continue to improve failsafes in the ESC. Ideally, a way to maintain brakes and default to free roll when there’s any system failure. Same from the BMS side. Bluetooth connectivity, app.
Trucks— we need esk8 designed trucks and suspension from major manufacturers. Designed for the abuse esk8 takes compared to long boarding. Hanger mounting options for lights. 10mm axles, potentially Mount integration.

Urethane gear drives! Urethane needs the motor clearance to improve by getting motor as close to hanger as possible. Front or rear.

Direct drives, depart from 8mm axles please.

From the community?
Fusion 360 esk8 related CAD tips and tricks. Enclosure design etc. Multi-user input could help find ideal esk8 part compatibility for multiple setups. Would help our member vendors and members.
lots of new users with 3D printers.

7 Likes

YES GOD PLEASE. I don’t understand this POM shiz

4 Likes

Are there lights where you can bolt directly onto something. No clamping mechanism or straps

Like a panel mount bike light

2 Likes

We need to stop depending on one country for most of our core esk8 parts, and batch produce cheaply and efficiently reliable quality parts - talking batteries, motors, escs, bms, remotes.

2 Likes

Remotes!
I need it to be waterproof, have it to be able to control lights and I need break lights and turning lights on my board

1 Like